1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

On the second episode of Better Call Saul, Tuco pulled out a Cold Steel Espada.
    Old thread, I know, but it needs more attention.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

The Cinemax action series "Strike Back" (a lot like 'the Unit', '24' and a couple of others, but with much more action, sex and F-bombs) features some EDC popular things. The two main characters are an ex-Delta and an SAS sergeant working with the Brit military intelligence Section 20, so there's a lot of "tactical" stuff and gear, like plate carriers, contractor caps with velcro panels, Oakley gloves, Oakley sunglasses, and so on. Guess in the world of LE, airsoft and "tactical fashion" people can EDC that as well.

But most EDC-related are, I think, a paracord bracelet worn by the American, G-shock watches (worn inside the wrist) and CRKT M14/M21-SF knives.
    And the Brit carried a Mystery Ranch 3 Day Assault BVS Pack.

ManVsLawn and tmedina like this.
  3. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Heh. How does the American accent sound against the backdrop of the British ones?

ManVsLawn likes this.
  4. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Well, since the American was played by an Australian actor (also the main character in 300: Rise of an Empire), whose original accent is so terrible not even all of his countrymen get it, I guess he did a pretty decent job. And the main British character is played by an American (born in Montana), who switches his accents when it suits him, which makes the whole situation pretty funny actually.
    A lot of Brit/Yank-related jokes as well ( : You may want to see the series, actually, if the whole action-spy-war movie stuff is your thing.

Lou_G and tmedina like this.
  5. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

I lost intrest when the gay sex :censored: plot took over. Sex sells I guess, but it was very X rated...Also, Cmax cost went up on the cable bill. Had to cut it!

USTF, CatherineM and ManVsLawn like this.
  6. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Loaded Pockets

I love Strike Back. I'm going to miss it when it's gone. Everyone on this show has as much job security as the people on Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and Banshee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4rmless, USTF and ManVsLawn like this.
  7. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

I saw an Osprey suppressor in a recent "the walking dead' spot. Wonder where Rick got it from?!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  8. USTF

USTF Loaded Pockets

Come on, it was just for one episode (no, correct that, two episodes, the last one with girls) ( : and sorry for OT, but didn't you mind Scott having a sex scene in every episode for three 10-episode seasons? (( :

Last edited by USTF, Feb 13, 2015
  9. islandboymitch

islandboymitch Loaded Pockets

Just watching the Day After Tomorrow and in the scene where Dennis Quaid and his two friends fall through a sky light one of them uses a CRKT M16 to cut the rope.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

gratuitous "butt" shot for the wives I guess. I have to be honest, not my favorite. ;) The gear on any tacticool show is fun as it is though.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  11. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

bad guy extricates bullet from shoulder with a bm 580 on last night's justified. they also cut to it being deployed again during sneak peak of next week's episode. two of my favorite brands coming together; I could just about have kittens. :cool:

microbe, groovster and ManVsLawn like this.
  12. Crux

Crux Loaded Pockets

Just saw this, thought it was a Gritpilian. Also product placement for Sig-Sauer and Mercedes-Benz in that episode.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  13. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Spotted a Rite In The Rain notepad in the latest episode of Better Call Saul

groovster, ManVsLawn and MTFatboy like this.
  14. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Robert Redford's character uses a SAK (likely a soldier) flat blade screwdriver while repairing some sort of machine in Three Days of the Condor (about 8:45 from the beginning of the feature). The stainless steel screwdriver bit is clearly seen along with the iconic red polymer scales. SAK appears to be two layers wide.

15. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

In a recent episode of Justified, one of the bad guys got shot and proceeded to take the bullet out of his shoulder with either a Benchmade Griptillian or Benchmade 580. There was a gratuitous zoom shot of him flicking it open. I paused it to get a better look (my wife hates that...pausing to check out EDC items).

16. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm not sure if anyone watches this show, but Supernatural tends to have a lot of knives and guns in there. Some are obviously made for the show like the angel blade, but I believe there's been a cold steel knife and several other knife companies used in that show.

17. Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo Loaded Pockets

Supernatural is actually what led me to learn about Kershaw. A friend of mine is a diehard Dean fan but not really a collector of impractical items (such as no prop replicas that just sit on a shelf), but she does like her knives. When I found out that Dean uses the Kershaw Storm II throughout the series on occasion as a simple backup knife, I researched Kershaw to make sure the knife would be of good quality to give as a birthday gift and that's how I found several of their knives that I wanted for myself. And she liked her knife, too.

18. GiraffeHooves

That is really cool of you to do. I think Dean is an easy character to like. What knives did you get? I like the idea of the prop knives and I always think if you can get supporters like a fandom you will always be able to sell things so it was a smart idea for Kershaw to do so. I unfortunately don't have any Kershaw but I always thought how I'd feel like a bad mamajama to have one that not only works practically, but made me feel like I could take down a few monsters. Also in Dexter the last few seasons he had a really neat little flip knife that I thought was cool.

Jedigreedo likes this.
  19. GurbZ

GurbZ Loaded Pockets

I have been watching it since it started. They sometimes film show the only a few minutes from where I live.

Also I posted this a bit earlier in this thread(wow its been almost 3 yrs since I posted that:eek:), http://www.edcforums.com/threads/knives-in-movies-or-t-v-shows.44871/page-14#post-1393932
    If you like Supernatural I sure you'll like this:)

Jedigreedo and GiraffeHooves like this.
  20. GiraffeHooves

I've been watching the show since it started as well. It's a good show. Oh wow than you for pointing that out to me and I'll definitely take a look.