1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

This weeks NCIS both Dinozzo and Gibbs pulled out Zero Tolerance folders. Gibbs had what appeared to be a 0302 in Coyote Brown and Dinozzo had an all black one not sure of model.

2. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

In the NCIS episode "Light Sleeper," Gibbs hands a partially serrated-edge Kershaw Leek to an enemy agent who turned against her sleeper cell. She uses the knife to disarm a large truck-bomb.

3. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

Beautiful scene, Gibbs getting a steak from the grill inside his fireplace and sharing it with DiNozzo. They flipped those big-a** folders open almost simultaneously. I really like the way they depict knives on NCIS: Sometimes they are used as weapons, but most often they are tools. And don't forget rule number nine. :)

Gary Gross likes this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff23

SpacemanSpiff23 Loaded Pockets

Anyone watch the pilot for Human Target? Kind of a fun actiion adventure show on fox, so it will probably be cancelled soon.

Anyway, the main character uses an automatic knife a couple times that I couldn't identify. it's on hulu if you wanted to check it out.

5. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

I believe it was the Benchmade 9050 AFO Automatic Knife

6. Aramith

Aramith Empty Pockets

Hello everyone!!

years ago watched a movie "Night of the Running Man" with Andrew McCarthy and Scott Glenn.
    the question: who can identify the knife that Scott's character used in the movie? i cant seem to find any images, but from what i recall, it seemed to be a custom (?) with white scales, possibly ivory, one handed opener, the shape of the blade seemed to be a smooth tanto or a drop point.....

I would appreciate if anyone gave some leads on this one, since the knife seemed very nice, and not too big.

cheers in advance.

Andrew

7. Golden

Golden Loaded Pockets

In the movie 11:14 (Fascinating film, I'd recommend a watch if you haven't seen it- it's on netflixe's watch instantly program right now) a man uses a what appears to be a Leatherman Micra to cut off ziptie constraints after being arrested (I don't want to spoil anything else by showing characters or describing the scene- the film also explains why the officer is using plasticuffs instead of standard steel cuffs).

[img width=640 height=358]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6876/1114lm.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=358]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9228/1114lm2.jpg[/img]

8. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

I was just watching The Departed, and noticed, (no, not Damon's Kershaw for the nth time), but that Leo grabs some money, I think a phone, and a folder when Damon calls him towards the end (around 1:55:00). I'd venture to say it's a Benchmade HK 14650. I'll try to get some screenies when I get back home.

Here's a vid. (Ignore the audio. lol)

9. The7thNazgul

The7thNazgul Loaded Pockets

I definintly saw a Gerber LMF II used by Bob. Mack's looked like a kabar, not sure though. No idea on Grey's, might be a Gerber Guardian.

10. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

errm, it's not a glock (aka "block") it's a H&K USP compact (or some variant on it)

in the series "sons of anarchy" the main charecter carries a Ka-Bar USMC. and in one of the 1st series episodes, puts it through the front grille of a car, punching a hole in the radiator.

11. frankfurter

frankfurter Empty Pockets

I was under the impression Decaprio's character in blood diamond used a Cold Steel Gunsite folder not a S&W.

12. pseep

pseep Loaded Pockets

Just saw a repeat of "Castle", Kate uses a Kershaw Chive or Scallion to cut into a packet of drugs.

13. The7thNazgul

The7thNazgul Loaded Pockets

Anybody have any ideas on the other knives?

14. TK66

TK66 Empty Pockets

No one mentioned the SAK that MacGyver uses.

15. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Watched the 2nd episode of the current season of "The Colony," yesterday.

Two of the survivors went to the bayou in search of food. One of them came upon two snakes. First one surprised him. But he caught it, and used a Buck model 120 General to cut its head off. Did the same with the other snake. Good thing to, cause the other guy who hadn't been out there in 50 years; he didn't catch any fish.

16. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

http://epguides.com/SpecialOpsForce/cast.jpg

17. 25thhour

25thhour Loaded Pockets

Balisongs and all sorts in the movie 'Kick-***'

18. 25thhour

25thhour Loaded Pockets

19. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

I believe you just did....

[video=youtube;Pp8vbwz0Teg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp8vbwz0Teg[/video]

20. kaniele

kaniele Loaded Pockets

saw The Expendables today, lots of guns and blades. The only blades I could tell 100% were the Cold Steel Espadas used by Rourke and Statham. Statham also used some throwing knives, not sure what. And Lundgren used a bowie, a Gil Hibbens. There were also a lot of nice firearms to go with all the action.