1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Atrain

Atrain Empty Pockets

2. Captain. Glock

Captain. Glock Empty Pockets

In an episode of Flashpoint one of the hostage takers has a spyderco civilian

3. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I watched a movie called Pride & Glory last night starring Edward Norton and Colin Farrell. It's about a group of NY Cops. One of the bad guys in the movie uses a Spyderco. Not sure which model it was. I paused it and my wife said "here we go again". The blade looked small and it might have been fully serrated.

4. lastxj

lastxj Empty Pockets

Watched "The Last House on the Left" a couple nights ago...Francis uses a serrated Spyderco Delica (Endura? It looks like it's the smaller Delica but I may be wrong) and Krug appears to use a Microtech OTF of some sort...

5. STHFNGLD

STHFNGLD Empty Pockets

I seem to remember Anthony Hopkins slicing someone's throat open in Hannibal with a serrated Spyderco Tasman Salt and Denzel Washington threatening a criminal with a serrated Spyderco Endura in Training Day. No pics though, sorry. Maybe someone can post?

6. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Watched Underworld Evolution again on Film4 the other night & the female deathdealer Selene (Kate Beckinsale) had a very nice "tactical-looking" fixed blade that she used to dispatch a cpl of werewolves that were coming at her in a tunnel/ditch.

Anyone know what knife that was?

7. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Just watched "8mm" on one of the movie channels (a really horrible film) & when Nicholas Cages character is held at gunpoint to get the film out of the lockbox in his car trunk, he also retrieves a long, thin, push dagger style implement. Little more than a sharpened spike, really. Just out of curiosity, does anyone out there in EDCLand know who makes them?

8. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

All this talk of the Undead, aka Z's, got me inspired to watch 28 Weeks Later. I was amazed by the "lack of" EDC knife by Rose Byrne's character. No flashlight, no multitool, no sidearm. I mean you are stationed in an infested England and you're not packing anything?! C'mon. C'MON!! :rant:

9. Dirty Bob

Dirty Bob Loaded Pockets

Agreed. On the other hand, Val Kilmer's character in Spartan -- directed by David Mamet -- uses a very nice automatic. In one of Mamet's other creations, the TV show The Unit, Dennis Haysbert pulls what looks like a classic switchblade and uses it to dispatch a terrorist when he and his fellow operators and their spouses are attacked during a social gathering. My only beef with the use of the knife is: since it's a TV show, the bad guy quickly dies after a single stab. Looks like Mamet appreciates the need for cutlery among those who go in harm's way.

Regards,
    Dirty Bob

10. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

didn't mean to post here.......

11. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

The scene where they're all running through the tunnel and tripping over steps, bodies, and themselves: ALL COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.

Even my wife aka EDC Kryptonite asked "Where's her flashlight?"

12. raptor

raptor BST/Marketplace ban

that was part of a gun cleainig rod with a black handle.

13. xxecatxx

xxecatxx Empty Pockets

Les Stroud on survivorman uses a multitool, which I think is a leatherman wave. And on Malcolm in the middle, Francis's friend in military school has a balisong, but idk what kind

14. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

He's had a Wave, a couple Charges, a SwissTool, either a Huntsman or SwissChamp, and possibly a couple additional multitools, too. :)

15. The7thNazgul

The7thNazgul Loaded Pockets

Few knives for you guys to ID. (no screencaps, sorry). In a episode of Battlestar galactica season 4.5, Lee Adama uses a 6'' or so fixed blade to short out a circut breaker. In Steven Seagals' Flight of Fury, he uses a knife in the minimart fight, looked like a fixed blade. In Executive Decision, the commandos use daggers, looked like Gerber Mk IIs.

Thanks.

16. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Ahhh! Was it? Thanks for that. I did wonder if it was part of gun-cleaning kit. Cheers.

The thing that made me think it was a purpose-made weapon was a report I read somewhere about an Assassination technique used (I think?) by Soviet Spetsnaz/GRU/KGB troops where the poor unfortunate (usually sleeping) victim was stabbed with a stiff piece of wire, leaving very little evidence of an entry wound.

17. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

Just out of curiosity because it was on TV a few days ago:
    Has anyone id-ed the knife used by Beatrix Kiddo ("The Bride") in the fight at the beginning of Kill Bill Vol. 1?

18. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

I've seen Gibbs with a Kershaw Leek in a couple old episodes of "NCIS."

19. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

I think she had a SOG Desert dagger

20. harm-knifemaker

harm-knifemaker Loaded Pockets

the bad guy did have a Gerber Mk 2.Segal used a Mad Dog or Mission Knives MPK