1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives in movies or t.v. shows

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by ReadyFreddy23, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

Before anyone bites my head off, :shrug: I searched and didn't find this subject or any variation.

I was flipping channels and saw Gene Simmons on his show "Family Jewels" camping and he was wielding a Kershaw Outsast w/ D2 steel. I immediately knew what it was because I own this knife too and I could read the D2. The show would be unwatchable except for Shannon Tweed. Apparently, she grew up on a farm. She was fishing (caught a few trout) and cleaned the fish herself. I was impressed.

Can anyone else think of some movies or t.v. shows that have used name brand knives?

2. greenstuffs

greenstuffs Empty Pockets

Tom Cruise was using a sebenza in Collateral, and i think i recall seeing a strider tanto fix blade in Dragon Team (HK Movie)

3. carlcastle

carlcastle Empty Pockets

I was just on the Discovery channel website to check out the "Man vs Wild" forum, I was sure that the host, Bear, was using a paracord braid as a canteen sling and I figured that forum might be a good place to start. Anyway, the knife Bear uses is quite an issue for the people who post there. After reading post for about an hour, here it is:

http://www.bayleyknife.com/bear.htm

Apparently he had this custom made for himself.

Also, I once came across a website that talked in detail about the history of the knives made for the "
    Rambo" movies. It was quite interesting. You can use wikipedia and search rambo to start. I do not remember the name or address of the orginal site I found.

BTW, if anyone else here watches Man vs Wild and knows what paracord braid he uses for his canteen sling, post it up in here. I'm thinking it might be the cobra braid.

4. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

Click
    He says he uses a daisy chain.

5. WildEMT

WildEMT Loaded Pockets

Another interesting thing, if you watch Man v. Wild carefully, you will notice that Bear does not take that custom everywhere. In fact, it appears that he uses a Gerber Gator and a Buck Vanguard several times during this last season.

6. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I just watched Die Hard: With a Vengeance. When Bruce Willis has to walk through Harlem wearing a sandwich board with a racial remark and one of the people in Harlem pulls out what looks like a Microtech OTF. Can't be sure though.

7. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

I had noticed that as well. The gator has a unique shape. It was a jungle show that I saw it on. "We do not take the nice carbon steel to wet dirty locations with man eating fish."

8. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

In thwe film TEARS OF THE SUN, Bruce Willis and his SEAL team carried Emerson PUK's.

9. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

In CSI Las Vegas I saw Grissom using what to me seemed to be a Byrd Meadowlark or some sort of Byrd knife.

Luigi

10. greenstuffs

greenstuffs Empty Pockets

I believe thats a MT HALO III i'm not quite sure the video was pretty blurry you know what i mean.

11. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Alton Brown pulled a Kershaw (Leek?) in his Chili episode. I asked about it in some other thread, but I can't find it now.

12. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Tears of The Sun is one of my fave movies & I seem to recall that Bruce was wearing THREE fixed blades:-

Inverted Emerson on his webbing
    EK? Commando knife (I think?) on his left calf
    & a third fixed blade (perhaps an EK or Gerber?) on his pistol belt.

Great movie.

13. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

The girl on NCIS makes ample use of her Cold Steel Kubon and Gibbs had a Kershaw Whirlwind at the ready on a couple of episodes. Saw and episode of the Crocodile Hunter and on his work wall at the zoo where he was working were several Cold Steel LTC Khukri, a couple of Trailmasters and some CS Machetes. I also could detect a Cold Steel Voyager in the pockets of his helpers.

sabongero

14. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I saw a Spyderco Endura tonight on an episode of COPS television show. It belonged to a man being arrested on a drug possession charge in Florida.

15. Liveitloud

Liveitloud Loaded Pockets

I saw a (I think) Spyderco ATR on the show damages yesterday. Someone correct me on the model if I'm worng.

16. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

There was also a t.v. show that starred Dennis Rodman as a Spec-OPs kinda guy and the whole OPs unit carried Emersons. The Emerson Raven was seen in many of the episodes and Ernest Emerson's name appeared in the credits. Can't recall the name but it was like Special-Ops Unit or something like that. It ran on cable.

sabongero

17. Mark123

Mark123 Empty Pockets

Not a knife, but in the movie Shooter, I noticed Wahlberg is wearing a X9mi Suunto watch.

18. el.Furioso

el.Furioso Empty Pockets

The knife in "The Shooter" movie was a SOG Gov-Tac (Bead Blasted finish).
    The knife used by Pierce Brosnan in Seraphine Falls was a Muela MAGNUM - ALCARAZ ( nr. 1 on this picture - http://www.noze-nuz.com/muela/38.jpg )
    The knife drawed by a warder in The Chronicles of Riddick(before beeing killed with a steel cup) was the Recon Tanto from Cold Steel.

ripjack13 likes this.
  19. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

Just recalled Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke", Jeff Imada as a waiter whips out his custom Jody Samson, Imada High Hollow Ground balisong. He used to demo with this knife back in the day at the Inosanto Academy. It is also the one he used in "Big Trouble in Little China".

sabongero-

20. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

In thew film PAYBACK, Mel Gibson cuts the fuel line with a Spyderco Endura.

And in the late John Houston classic, HEAVEN KNOWS MR.ALISON, Mr. Alison(Robert Mitchum) uses an standard USMC issue Ka-Bar Fighting knife!!