1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knives from your place

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Aloxfox, May 21, 2020.

1. Aloxfox

Aloxfox Loaded Pockets

My place is winterthur, a small town in switzerland. I live and was born here like my grandparents and parents, and love my hometown.
    As a knife collector, it is a particular pleasure for me to collect knives with a visible reference to winterthur.

Do you also have locally relevant knives?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dog boy, jcombs, Diezel and 5 others like this.
  2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Loaded Pockets

Hi Alox. I can only speak for the US slice of EDC members here in part. First, I dig the SAK collection, pics and regional devotion...awesome. Here in the US we don't claim it like that. Engravings are usually tied to a military affiliation (your battalion or company), police or a brand/company (someone etches their deal on a Spyderco)...I can't speak for the proud Texans on this forum as they are their own animal and honorable entity and often do what you posted.

Personally, I completely dig your loyalty/nationalism to your region. It is not political correctness to me, but pride in heritage and remembering where you came from....as you alluded to mentioning 3 generations in your post. Blood and heritage is just that. Thanks for sharing.

Dog boy likes this.
  3. Aloxfox

Aloxfox Loaded Pockets

Hello SwampDonkey

Thanks for your comment, now I understand a little better why it is in the USA - after all, the largest Victorinox customer! - so few such knives exist. Hope I find a texan alox for my collection. I have one knife anyway - from Boston.
    I know, like and appreciate my roots, it just feels right to me. Treat everyone in this world who can keep it that way.

Here are my few Alox souvenir knives from outside of Switzerland

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Someone who has others like this?
    :smile_coffee:

Dog boy likes this.