1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knife sheath and multi tool?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by MicroMike, Jan 3, 2017.

1. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

I've recently started carrying a small fixed blade and would like to find a sheath that also has a pouch for a mulitool and other things.

Like a skinth with knife sheath.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

What fixed blade? Did it come with any type of sheath? Knowing what size that is would help. Nothing comes to mind offhand (other then custom work). If it came with a sheath or you can find one for it, you might be able to incorporate the sheath onto some kind of multi-pouch.

3. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

It's LT Wright Frontier Valley. Similar in size to a Izula. It came with it own leather sheath.

[​IMG]

4. Harronek

Harronek Loaded Pockets

I suspect custom made is really your only satisfactory solution for what your chasing , even if you found something off the shelf close to what you want it would always still be a compromise .
    Can I also say that often in a desire to minamise and simplify a problem or need the outcome often ends up be cluttered and the complete opposite of what was intended .
    There is nothing wrong with two well designed seperate sheaths for both tools , in fact separate sheaths give you a lot more carry options .
    If your still super keen on a one sheath fits all I would personally contact a custom Kydex sheath maker and get them to make you what you want . Kydex is the way to go for your type of sheath and if the maker knows what they are doing they should be able to make it in two halves that can be connected together easily or worn individually .
    Good luck

Ken

WillAdams and MicroMike like this.
  5. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Good point.

1. use a velcro strap on your current leather sheath to attach to a modular pouch of some type (that could carry a MT and your other stuff) but that would also look like "a leather sheath velcroed to a pouch". Or 2 .cut out the bottom of one pouch on a multiple pouch system and feed your leather sheath thru that, but again you are looking at a leather sheath poking thru a nylon pouch. 3. Use a velcro wrap to attach a leatherman MT pouch to your current leather sheath. You could at least hold a MT with your knife.

The other problem you have, you said "and carry other things", To me, that implies some type of nylon/leather pouch that closes. You run the risk of having some mixed combination of leather + kydex + nylon. Does that make a difference to you?

4 Find an "off the shelf" nylon sheath that fits your knife and use ties/velcro to attach to a modular pouch with molle/webbing.

I'd email Skinth and tell them your problem. They might do a custom job for you. Let's face it, a knife sheath + pouch combo doesn't seem to out there, maybe you can help them start a new product line. :)

Sorry for the ramble, I'm a big "let's throw ideas out there and see if anything sticks" kind of guy.

6. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

Just bringing this back. I've switched EDC to a Great Plainsman. Very close in size.

Any how I want to be able to carry my multitool, single aaa flashlight, space pen and tweezers.

Kind of like this with out the large knife. Although after looking at the pictures it sort of looks like it would be bulky and heavy.

[​IMG]

7. Warrior's Meadow

Warrior's Meadow Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at the maxpedition janus yet? Goolge it + sheath and see it that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

That's an awesome looking knife!