1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knife Recommendation - You have around $60 to Spend...

Discussion in 'Knives' started by TARFU, Jun 11, 2011.

1. EmTea

EmTea Loaded Pockets

2. KarasuStatus

KarasuStatus Loaded Pockets

I personally would go with the classy centefonte and be a lil different. ;D

3. dbert

dbert Loaded Pockets

I'd save up $40 more and buy a spyderco sage 1 from amazon...which, coincidentally, is what I'm planning on doing!

4. TheDukeofTank

TheDukeofTank Loaded Pockets

I have the Spyderco Persistance, Delica & Benchmade Mini-Grip... While the Benchmade axis lock is fun, the lock itself is held by a small spring and that's it. Now, the spring has not failed for me, I have heard of omega springs breaking from numerous users.

I would have to recommend the Delica. Better fit/finish, plus, as a user, I have not the same blade play problems as with the mini-grip. Now, I'm not saying that the mini-grip is a bad knife, it is a very good knife. It's just the Delica stands head & shoulders above the rest.

5. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Loaded Pockets

+1!

6. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Well, here is an update. Took in all that advice and then... went a completely different direction. ;D

The winner is: http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=665

Went with the SpyderEdge version. Not exactly what I started out looking for, but got a screaming deal on it and always wanted a knife in that steel. With that said, I've taken all the recommendations to heart and the Benchmade Mini Grip has been put on the buy list and the Endura also.

7. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Fine choice, I prefer plain edge but to each their own.

May I ask what you paid for it?

8. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

I recently got a Dragonfly too. It's the G-10 scales with VG-10 steel. Great knife. I thought it would be smaller than I wanted for EDC, but it's perfect. I think the H-1 is my next purchase.

9. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

$50 shipped at Outfitter Country, which was the cheapest I could find on the net that had anything in stock. I generally prefer the PE version also, but I did some research and the general consensus is that the SE version in the H1 is really special and the way to go. I also didn't have any SE knives in my collection so figured this was a good place to start.

10. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Yeah, I tried the Ladybug but it was just too small for some tasks and I missed having a pocket clip. It sounds like Spyderco fixed just about everything wrong with the first iteration of the Dragonfly including replacing the molded fixed pocket clip with a removable wire clip, going to torx screws, and adding jimping for better cutting control.

It's great when a company takes feedback from customers to improve a product.

11. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

The sub-60 market has been interesting as of late...

I myself like Kershaw's offerings in that sector, the Skyline, OD-1, Zing, and a few others. I am not huge on their speedsafe folders, but they make quite a few other types of knives in that range. A lot of this line is US made and around 30-40 dollars.

If you can find a Benchmade mini-grip for around 60, that is ideal. I carried my Mini-grip everyday for over 2 years, and it never let me down. I opted to spend the 100+ and got the Doug Ritter version, but the standard would do just fine.

12. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

Actually, you know that mini grip I said I was selling? Traded it for a Dragonfly salt.^^ Great knife, you won't be disappointed. Also, H-1 takes the sharpest edge I've ever experienced. I'm not quite sure what it is that makes it that way, but that is some sharp steel.