1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knife logo identification?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Daywalker, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha ALL,

So...while looking for my spyderco CF Stretch, I came across a few knives. Not sure who/where i got this one from, but I cannot find any info on it. I may be typing in the wrong letters for the logo. To me it reads, "LHE" but there's a dot over the "H"...so I don't know if that's a "hidden" lower case "i".:confused:
    [​IMG]

Mahalo and be safe!

Adahn likes this.
  2. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

The only thing I found is on the biggest auction site, google: Taschenmesser #599-LIHE Holzwangen

Daywalker likes this.
  3. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Whoops...sorry Adahn I totally forgot about this thread.
    Quite the detective you are sir! That's the knife i have, and it's an OTS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just wish i knew how i got it!:confused:

Since your detective skills are better than mine...how about telling me about my mystery blue Delica 3 with VG10 steel?!?:help:
    Mahalo knifebrother!

Jedigreedo and Nick4305 like this.
  4. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

This is just a cheap Chinese automatic. Even if you don't find this exact model, there are many others which look almost the same. The quality isn't anything to brag about (in most)-sometimes the blade develops play, or has it from the get-go, the handle scales can come off or wobble, the screws usually strip or can't be tightened properly because the metal is soft (and the hole for the torx is ruined due to this), the spacers between the two parts of the handle can give, the steel is not very high quality, rust spots can develop...
    Having said this I own quite a large number of cheap autos and some of them are better than the price would suggest.
    There is brand of Chinese autos that I like (don't know the name because it doesn't say, it's only a logo of a cat or something and Stainless written below) which usually doesn't let me down. The quality is hit and miss but oftentimes is reasonable for the price (especially given the fact that I don't use the knives too much-playing or light cutting tasks)
    Like these :
    the brand
    [​IMG]
    Some of them :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daywalker and Adahn like this.
  5. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I got such a knife from a friend, a $5 switchblade still small enough to be legal here (2 in blade).

[​IMG]

And well, I just googled for Lihe knife and found that one.

I kind of like the look but as mentioned above, the quality is not really good. The washers are exptremely thick and everything else is made in a very bulky fashion. Not bad for that little money but then I prefer a well-made Sanrenmu knife. Of course the cheapest automatic China knife I'm aware of is the Ganzo G719, I got mine for $13 (usually 18-20). A small auto with that f+f would be great, but a clip is a must for me...

Daywalker likes this.