1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knife law enforcement

Discussion in 'Knives' started by el_murdoque, Feb 19, 2018.

1. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

I live in Texas and have changed up my knife carry more frequently with the state wide knife laws. I have been carrying my recently acquired Havalon EXP.

When I visit the state capitol, I show my CHL to use the security check line designated for CHL even though I am not carrying.

2. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I'm 50 now. When I was 21 I got hassled by a cop who saw my Gerber River Knife clipped to my waist when I was in line at a supermarket checkout. I was with other employees from the sporting goods store I worked at. We were buying food during our break and the cop saw the knife I had on me. He said a bunch of threatening crap to me but ultimately he let me go. That was the last time I ever carried unconcealed. The interaction really left an impression on me.
    I've never had another interaction with the law regarding knives since then.

3. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I've lived in Boston for over two decades and never had a single problem. I work in academia and several co-workers have knives clipped to their pockets daily and no one bats an eye (I don't need mine at work). I believe the laws don't allow switchblades, butterfly knives, or daggers (but you can buy them at the flea market).

4. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

Boston is not as strict as NYC and Philly. Boston has a 2 1/2" blade length restriction. The state has strict knife laws for schools including universities. From your comments, it sounds as if the laws are not enforced.

Boston ordinance
    http://library.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Massachusetts/boston/chapterxviprohibitionspenaltiesandpermit?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:boston_ma$anc=JD_16-45

MA state law
    https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/massachusetts/

OilMan and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. OilMan

OilMan Loaded Pockets

From your comments, it sounds as if the laws are not enforced.

Until they are and you get screwed..

Moshe ben David and garza like this.
  6. Ben Reidy

Ben Reidy Empty Pockets

21 ft. Still dont think it's a weapon? I know a ton of LEO and we all know if a individual has 21ft and blade is out. You will be critically hurt.