1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knife for my coming baby

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Jramirez9083, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Jramirez9083

Jramirez9083 Loaded Pockets

The 112 will definitely not be the only knife I'll get him. I like that idea. Getting something that is 'in' this year. I imagine it would be the same for him as it is looking at pictures from the 70's for me

Sriracha likes this.
  2. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Exactamundo. Do you know what vintage Randall knives are going for? Or any thing designed for the Vietnam war? Biggo buckos. I think a Microtech would be appropriate, because that will be totally banned by the future govt.

3. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

What about buying something with the intent of using it daily yourself until the day he's old enough for it? "Son, I bought this knife the day you were born. I've used it daily on big tasks and small. And now that you're old enough, this knife is yours." Kind of a jumpstarted heirloom.

4. Jramirez9083

I would love to do that, but so far i have not been able to find that knife. I recently got a zt566 that is pretty close to being my perfect knife but it still fell a little short. Looking forward to finding that knife and pass it down to my kid

5. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

My 1st son turns 3 in Feb and he'll get this:

About real knives I'll think later, most likely something for whittling when they'll have their course at (pre-)school, we'll see how much he'll like that anyways...

Jramirez9083 and Moshe ben David like this.
  6. Jramirez9083

Well, the knife came in today and the initial plan of storing the knife has gone out the window. It's too pretty to be locked away
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The cherry wood is a brighter red than I thought it would be but it I really like the red/brass combo as it is.
    First knife I get for my son. It will grow old with him and it will have some stories to share by the time I pass it on.
    I'm thinking of having the other side engraved with some Sheridan style design and making a sheath to match.
    As an interesting side note, the order total was $112.04
    Happy coincidence I guess

Last edited by Jramirez9083, Mar 10, 2016
    Moshe ben David likes this.