1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Knife boxes, keep or toss?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by freedoom, Jan 29, 2010.

?

Do you save the boxes your blades come in?

1. Keep 'em!

98 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. Toss 'em!

37 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

I'm not a collector so I don't have a lot of knives. I tend to keep all the boxes and paperwork. I think it also helps to sell them (at a later date) if you have that stuff too.

2. Jim757

Jim757 Empty Pockets

I buy my knives to use... so I normally throw them out.

3. Leif

Leif Empty Pockets

Same here. I don't buy so many that I have knives to spare to sell, and I'm pretty careful in researching my purchases in the first place, so out the boxes go.

4. f50fan

f50fan Empty Pockets

keep, just because i think theyre nifty

5. txdude321

txdude321 Empty Pockets

i keep all my boxes i have them just in case i want to sell them someday or if i need to transport them in bulk

6. kihnspiracy

kihnspiracy Empty Pockets

Keep them. They might help fetching more $$$ when you decide to sell or trade at a later date.

7. A3C86

A3C86 Loaded Pockets

I Keep them I just don't Know what to do with them....

8. carry_glock30

carry_glock30 Empty Pockets

keep every box including my wifes

9. burnd4life

burnd4life Loaded Pockets

I keep all my knife and flashlight boxes in a Rubbermaid tupperware container in the garage just in case I decide to sell (or re-gift). Shhh..

10. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

knowing myself very well.. it is very unlikely that i will ever re sell any of these things i buy.

only possible to sell stuff before i get used to it.. in very first few days.. then the box and stuff are still easily found. but the window of opportunity is brief.. hah.. i get too fond of them too fast. even if i dont use them or like em that much.. (they are mine as i paid for them!) and if i do somehow sell them later on. i have certainly forgotten where the original box and instructions are. but i know that they are somewhere.. as i do not throw them away.

11. Awneiferex

Awneiferex Empty Pockets

I keep them because I like the way they look. I specifically like the Benchmade butterfly on their boxes.

12. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

I've been keeping the boxes from my knives and multitool. It probably helps resale value, and that way I have all the literature that came with the tool should I ever need it.

13. bondi

bondi Loaded Pockets

14. Turkey

Turkey Empty Pockets

I still have all of my knife boxes, I find it easier to store them neatly when they are in the boxes.

15. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

Keep them!!

16. arlutz1

arlutz1 Empty Pockets

In the past I have tossed them because I planned to use the knife till the blade wore off. I just got a Buck 110 at the Smoky Mountain Knifeworks in Gatlinburg Tn. Chuck IV signed it right on the blade and I had a chance to talk to him for a few minutes, seems like a great guy.
    Needless to say, knife and box went into the safe and will probably stay there till the grand kids divvy up the remains.

17. davem

davem Loaded Pockets

I have dozens of left handed folders--many are custom knives by Emerson, Hinderer, and Strider, etc. I also have several Swiss and German watches by IWC, Panerai, Jaeger LeCoultre, Ulysse Nardin, Glasshutte Original, etc. And lots of one of a kind pens, collectible flashlights...you get the point...For many years I kept all the boxes--inner boxes, outer boxes, paperwork, receipts, the works. One day I went through and tossed everything except the inner boxes for my watches. It was very liberating. I am not planning to sell anything so why hang on to all that useless stuff? In the very unlikely event that I ever do sell something and someone is so obsessive/compulsive that they insist on the original packaging....screw 'em. I'll sell it to someone else who understands there's more to the art than the box it came in....for now I plan on wearing/using/appreciating what I have and I am happy to say all those boxes were just a bunch of useless clutter...
    P.S. I store all my gear in one of these (limited edition walnut): http://www.gerstnerusa.com/DETAIL92xl-b92xl.html

18. 8comm13

8comm13 Loaded Pockets

I tossed a few when I started buying knives, but now I keep them.

19. nuubee

nuubee Empty Pockets

I keep them. Protects the on-a-break ones from unnecessary scratches (as well as a couple of shelf queens), makes it easier to stack them on a shelf, and if I ever sell or trade any of them later, the new owner will appreciate it. I know I would want the box with a new acquisition.