1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

KME vs Lansky knife sharpener.

Discussion in 'Sharpening Stuff -- Stones, Strops, and Systems' started by TRUE LIBERTY, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] So today my KME made it to my home. I also got the Gritomatic universal stone holder a 2000 grit stone from a different manufacturer and a 50 grit for rep. But I’m also waiting on the stone thickness compensator so I can use it with the kme stones.
    But today had a chance to try it out on a set of knives we got last year around Christmas we won at a Christmas party from the restaurant we were eating at. It only had a bevel on one which I reprofiled so it was on both sides at 17 degrees. And just sharpened the serrated teeth so the blade has a very toothy cut.
    [​IMG]
    After using the Lansky for 8 years everything with the KME just feels so easy from mounting the knife in place to the stones working sooooooi much faster. Those four knives were my testing and practice for the KME and it’s a extremely easy system to work. You can get your knives just as sharp on the Lansky but the KME just makes your life so much easier when you have experience on the Lansky system.

[​IMG]
    Little more practice and the rest of my gear comes in for the kme and I will be doing my custom Spyderco Manix.

2. TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY Loaded Pockets

Update! So after sharpening a fifth knife the clamp would no longer get tight enough for a secure hold on the kme. So with Prime and return place across the street I’m returning this one today and have another one on the way. Let’s hope it was just a defect in the device.

3. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Of course, the massive advantage of the Lansky Blade medic is that it's totally portable, and can be carried in your EDC bag easily, with it's very small required space.