1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kindle Cover

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Nirenn, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nirenn

Nirenn Loaded Pockets

I've realised how much I carry my Kindle around and I'm looking into getting a cover for it

I really like the look of the Oberon leather covers, especially the celtic ones

[​IMG]
    9297 by Nirenn, on Flickr

Has anyone ever used them before? Do you know any other nice manufacturers of Kindle covers? I'd prefer leather but I'm open for anything else.

2. Patman

Patman Loaded Pockets

I have a Nook, and went through the same process. Had gotten a B&N cover for it, and it worked, but it wasn't my favorite. I've now got it in a Saddleback Gadget pouch, and I love it. Fits nicely, protects the screen, and then there's no extra bulk in the way when I'm actually reading on it.

3. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I would be interested in recommendations myself for the Kindle 4 and the Kindle Touch as a leather sleeve/pouch. The medium Saddleback gadget pouch seems a couple inches too long for the new Kindles. I see Oberon mentioned has some though they seem quite pricey. I am just looking for a simple leather sleeve for said new Kindles.

4. jdub4key
    • In Omnia Paratus

jdub4key Loaded Pockets

Deleted. Oberon previously mentioned

5. homebrw

homebrw Loaded Pockets

I've had a Hokusai (The Wave) Oberon cover for a couple of years now. REALLY quality made stuff. Be aware though, that it adds significantly to the weight of the Kindle. It doesn't bother me though. I can't say enough good things about the quality. I've dropped mine directly on the corner, and my Oberon cover saved it. Expensive, but worth every pennie IMHO.
    Chris

6. zebedee
    • In Omnia Paratus

zebedee Loaded Pockets

I have the Cloud Dragon cover from Oberon for my Kindle 3. As homebrw has mentioned, the quality is great and it does make it heavier (bit like a nice fat paperback). The leather feels and smells great and the cover makes it like it is a hardback book instead of a portable device.
    If you are after a sleeve type cover Timbuk2 make good ones. I have one for my iPad2 so the Kindle version sould be just as good.

7. bubbas45

bubbas45 Loaded Pockets

I got my wife an Oberon cover for her Kindle Fire for Christmas, the Dragonfly on Pond design. It's awesome. It makes me feel rich just to look at it. It's beautiful , high quality--they take a lot of pride in their work at Oberon. The pewter button that is used to latch the cover continues the dragonfly motif, and they threw in several extra elastic bands in case you break the original. Heck, they even threw in a pewter charm as a little extra. Nice folks.

Let me mention the plain Jane (well, purple's not so plain, but it's just a pebbled finish) leather cover I have on my Kindle 2. It's an M-Edge Go model. The Kindle locks in at the hinge on one side (the cover has two small projections that fit into openings on the side of the device), and two small elastic bands secure the outside corners.

True story. My wife was out going to the town dump and shopping, and called me at home. "Do you know where your Kindle is?" Ruh-roh. The last time I saw it I put it on top of her Subaru so I could run in the pasture with my dog. Yep, that's where I left it. She was 10 miles away, accelerating up past 55 mph on a ramp to a state highway. As she got on the road, out of the corner of her eye she caught something in the rear-view. It looked suspiciously purple. She went to the next exit, turned around and came back and got back on the ramp and there it was on the shoulder. The Kindle was fine; I've been using it for weeks since that incident. It stayed locked into the cover. The only thing that happened was that the elastic bands came off the corners, and the cover itself sustained one scuffed patch. That's it.

I wouldn't care to repeat the experiment, but that's pretty impressive to me. I'm just amazed it stayed on the roof of her car for 10 miles; we're on a hilly, curvy, New-England-pot-holed road, which should have thrown it off right away even with the rails on the top of the car. I guess maybe the pebbled texture helped some, but it had to be mostly luck.

bws

8. Dozer

Dozer Loaded Pockets

My wife has a Cole Haan cover for her kindle 3. Really nice but they are kind of expensive.

9. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Hum-m-m, I can see where this is heading: a tactical Kindle case; with color options including olive drab, tiger stripe, ACU, MARPAT, and Coyote Tan plus some convenient MOLLE straps. All kidding aside, I think I'd like one in Coyote Tan. I've been experimenting with the Rite-in-the-Rain Covers.

10. Glock 'em down

I wonder if a Maxped 4x6 notebook cover would fit one?

11. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Don't know, Glock'em down. My problem with the Rite-in-the-Rain ones is that they don't have a protective foam lining. I'm looking for that egg crate kind of foam.

12. Backpacker

Backpacker Empty Pockets

I've been drooling over he Oberon cases for a while but can't seem to spend the $$.

I have the basic Amazon leather case for mine. I've carried it daily in a pack for over a year and it's done great. It's also very lightweight and adds little bulk to the Kindle itself, important if you are going to read for long periods of time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

13. indigo

indigo Loaded Pockets

I own an M-Edge Executive Leather Cover with a built in reading light. Mine happens to be purple leather as well. While I own a Nook and the cover that fits my device, the company also makes one for the Kindle. The leather is decent quality with a pebble finish and contrast stitching. I've had it on my Nook for over a year and it still looks like new. My Nook travels with me all the time and I often take it with me to work for reading on my breaks. It cost around $50. It comes in several other color options including: black, brown, green and blue.

14. petercrowell

petercrowell Loaded Pockets

I like that oberon. Plus, oberon is a cool name. I got a kindle touch for Christmas. Also got the snap-leather cover, but I'm now wondering if it's enough protection.

When I'm carrying my laptop (11" macbook air) I put the kind and the mac in a Booq viper, which is extremely sturdy.

15. Darthwhite

Darthwhite Empty Pockets

I have been using the kindle cover with a little LED for reading in the dark. It's expensive compared to other cases but it's very useful and protects the kindle well enough for regular daily use.