1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kifaru Pocket for E&E

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ironmike86, Nov 1, 2009.

?

Which would be more practical,useful or favored. $$ doesn't count for use.

1. Organizer

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 2 Quart utility

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Two skinny mini

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ironmike86

ironmike86 Loaded Pockets

I want either of these but i may get the skinny mini anyway? The organizer and the 2 quart I'm not sure. The organizer sometimes seems good but the 2 quart may get more use??? More room for the days I need extra room?

2. Andy_L

Andy_L Loaded Pockets

The 2quart looks a bit big in the pictures to me, for that reason I went with the organizer. Just waiting for the order to arrive now

3. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Also went with the Kifaru Organizer here.

4. Dougster

Dougster Loaded Pockets

Went with the organiser, I have one on my wish list.....

5. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

Mike, I've got all of those pockets and I prefer the Organiser over the 2Qt. It keeps the depth of the bag slimmer and can hold a surprising amount of stuff. If you need the extra capacity of the 2Qt. then maybe you should be using a bigger bag?

For the sides the Skinny Minis work well, they'll take a 0.75l Camelbak bottle but not a 1l Nalgene. Other choices that work well are the Malice GPS pouches or, if you don't mind going non-Kif, the ATS upright small GP pouches. If you search through my posts here there are pics of all of these combinations, or look in the Flickr account in my sig line.

6. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

I hear what you are saying about a bigger bag, but some people like to go "modular" instead of having one big bag. I for the life of me don't know why there isn't webbing on the front of the vertical claymore or the vertical top-zip standard long pocket so that I could add volume to the E&E and still put the organizer on the front of that. I'm sure I could have them make it for me but it would cost more. I like the both the Organizer and the 2 quart utility and can't decide on which one to get! I may be able to hook an organizer to the small webbing area on the front of the vertical claymore though....hmmmm

7. ironmike86

I already use your pics for reference YELLOW HAMMER. :). I want the organizer I was just trying to talk myself into the $30 2 quart that really looks unbalanced for the small EE. I like the small pack. Probably going to get the organizer and some sort of H20 holder. Just wanted more input. May get an Xray for the summer. Anyone have a Xray and Pygmy Falcon for comparison??

8. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Expecting my G1 E&E and Organizer this week. Have a G1 X-Ray coming from Santa, I believe. Not sure when I can do a comparison. Might have to wait about a month and a half. :-X

From everything I've read here and on the Kifaru Forums, there is some overlap in the use of an E&E and an X-Ray. They are both well-suited for EDC use. I think the E&E would work better for urban use, while the X-Ray might be a little better for rural or wilderness use.

But I know some folks here have had both, so I defer to their expertise...

9. wpowell

wpowell Loaded Pockets

not to be a huge booger..
    but give this a look, I love mine.
    http://www.optactical.com/orsoenswadpa.html

it fits PERFECTLY on my G2 e&e and you might can find it even cheaper than the link that I posted.
    over and out.

-w

10. ironmike86

The Organizer looks alittle nicer to me so the $$ is worth it to me vs the one on the previous link. But that still looks good when you can find it for $45.
    Bigfoot make sure you put up comparison pics. :woohoo:

11. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

I LOVE this! Wish it came in black :(

12. wpowell

wpowell Loaded Pockets

Racer..mine IS black...I just guess OPtac does not have them in black.
    Or are out of them...or something...
    :)

13. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

I am in the minority here.

I had the organizer and returned it.

I hated keeping my more expensive and important items on the outside of my pack, especially since I am on the subway where wandering hands are always a concern. It was also annoyingly too flat for me and it didnt have enough room for my edc goodies that should ride in an organizer.

I use the Spec Ops Packrat Organizer and plop it inside my E&E - bigger than the kifaru organizer, better organization and much more useful. Plus it can easily go from bag to bag. You will not find a better organizer.

When I need the extra room, which isnt too often, I also use the 2qt utility on my E&E for odds and ends - gloves/hat/water/paperback and I think it is excellent. Adds a good amount of space and rides nice.

I use my E&E every single day as a true go everywhere EDC bag and I have found this works the best for me by far.

14. ironmike86

What did you use that made the Kirafu organizer to flat? The Spec Ops looks nice. I didn't know about that. I want the full amount of space.inside the EE. I may just get a 2 quart utility anyways. G1. That spec ops may work for my bigger Kirafu :D

15. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

It just didn't really expand enough for what I wanted to keep in it - it is like a pancake - its enough for the basics, but I like carrying bigger. Its very popular though...

My logic is that I wanted to keep all my edc kit in one organizer that I could move from bag to bag - with the kifaru organizer, it wasnt big enough for my entire edc kit.