1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Khard 30 ,Ibex 30 and similar experiences please

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Jay-uk, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

They look good for set requirements but for edc can they expand a bit?, is spacing very limited.
    What are the pros and cons thanks

2. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Jay-uk likes this.
  3. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

In my experience these bags look cool and carry well.

The reason the look cool and carry well is because they are not very "deep" front to back and don't expand much either. They have a lot of structure and don't really hold a lot of gear relative to their overall size. This makes them good for some uses and not for others. These packs are physically nearly the same size as a GR2, or a TAD EDC, but hold quite a bit less gear. I have a Vertx Gamut which fits in the same category.

Jay-uk likes this.
  4. yugotprblms

They expand real well in the side pockets though. When they are laying flat, they're almost not there, and the pack looks streamlined. When they have stuff in them, they can take a lot, and the pack ends up looking wide and fat.

Jay-uk likes this.
  5. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Really appreciate the time and effort in helping me, I suspect the bag is close to what I need in many ways but still far off in others.

Yougo great review which really helped

Thanks to all

6. yugotprblms

Glad to be of assistance.

Jay-uk likes this.
  7. Ken Watson

Yep true enough. My comments are more with respect to the depth of the main compartment. What I've been noticing lately is that the bag that is most versatile is a design with a fairly deep main compartment, but good compression strap arrangement. This allows the bag to have a fairly small footprint in terms of depth and height, but still carry lots of stuff and be low profile when not stuffed full. This kinda makes for having volume that's there when you need it but "hidden" when its not.

8. Ken Watson

9. yugotprblms

Yep, exactly. Even though I am using my GR1 at the moment, I still think the Khard is one of the coolest and best designed packs out there. It is certainly a "load out" bag, or a gear back, or whatever you want to call it, but it can be adapted for most situations. And it does look pretty streamlined and slick when it needs to be, but can haul quite a bit as well. It's a great travel bag for sure. You could easily live out of it, if you traveled more minimally.

10. velvetelvis

velvetelvis Empty Pockets

11. yugotprblms

Not to be short with you, but did you read my post or look at the pictures? Or do any research on the bags at all?

No, no laptop pockets in the packs.

12. wytwolf

wytwolf Empty Pockets

Might be a good time to grab khard's if they are on sale. Arcteryx are updating them with a name change to assault 30/45's. There are minor changes but essentially the same pack.