1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Keychain Pics, Part 1

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by figtree, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB in SC

JB in SC Loaded Pockets

The Wrack Works stuff is tough.

2. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

what do yo keep in your pill fob?

3. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

AWESOME QUESTION !!!

BE WELL .. GH !

4. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

It varies. Sometimes I use them to actually put medication in if I'm taking a long trip. Other times I use them to put money in if I'm hiking and don't want to carry a wallet. The reason I bought a Pairamedic and a Trekker is so I can configure them in multiple ways. Their parts are interchangeable.

5. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

I want to start back to dressing up at work and funny enough, the main thing stopping me is how to carry my EDC so it does not fall out of my pockets. The clip looks nice and might give that a try. Any other suggestions appreciated. :)

6. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Thanks. Learned most of what I did and everything from this site. Glad I found it. :)

7. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Here you can see a pic of the pocket clip http://www.zebralight.com/SC30-Flashlight-CR123-193Lm_p_18.html

And all I did was take an attachment that came with my EZCR123 and put it through the zebra pocket clip. Had they not put a hole through their pocket clip I would have never purchased the light as it would not have been keychain friendly at all.

So happy I was able to get this light. Not sure if you familiar with the Quark MiNi 123 or NiteCore EZ 123, but this zebralight is one of my absolute favorite lights (best keychain light I own IMHO). That push button on the side is such a great feeling over the twisty type lights and the output goes from moonlight to superbright. Quality surpasses that of the other 2 lights I mentioned and it costs a little more as well.

8. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

They are great! I bought my first one maybe 10+ years ago through Herrington Catalog and when I started doing more EDC type stuff came across them once again and the only way you will beat the quality is if you get some of the $100 TI ones being built by some of the people here on the forums. None of those aluminum ones you see everywhere will compare. And that link I posted was the only place I found that really sold this line. I waited 3-6 months before they came back in stock. I e-mailed them and crossed my fingers as I knew the quality was excellent...one day they e-mailed back and said they arrived.

9. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Just an update to my rig. The Superbug has become my new favorite Atwood.

[​IMG]
    From left to right:
    Bison Capsule Stripped Atwood Superbug
    Veritas Pocket Driver Micro Widgy Prybar
    Swiss Tech Utilikey 3 Keys
    Cut down Starrett Ruler

10. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I can't quite make out how you used the key chain clip to hold the SC30 .. looked at EZCR123 and found no detail ..
    could you take a [detail] shot & post please ?
    Very interested .. Thanks .

BE WELL .. GH

11. symbebekos

symbebekos Loaded Pockets

I'm new here - I plan on making some improvements to my keychain based on everything I've learned from browsing this forum. As it stands, l-r: house key, iamakey USB drive, Utili-Key, Streamlight Micro, two spy capsules with money and drugs, and a Spyderco Bug.
    [​IMG]
    Planned changes: I want to add a Valiant SS pen, trade the Utili-Key for a Prybaby, find a slightly larger, high quality spy capsule so I can fit everything in one instead of two, and put everything on McGizmo clips so it's easier to swap stuff in and out.

12. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Not a bad start! And welcome to EDCF. :welcome:

You will start to thin your wallet out because of us. :evilgrin: :broke:

Their are plenty of great Spy capsules out there. I'm no expert on them but I'm sure others are.

Good luck on the prybaby find, you can usually buy some here on the forum marketplace(once you reach 15 posts I believe), or of course, Peter's blog.

If you want a little bit bigger knife on your keychain they make a Spyderco Ladybug or you can get one just like your Bug except it's called the Honey Bee(A little bigger than your bug).

I love the streamlight nano. Extremely bright for it's size and less than $10! I keep it on my keychain as well.

Take care
    -Matt

13. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Take a look at this pic. Can't post one of my own right now.

http://www.4sevens.com/popup_image.php?pID=1851&image=2

Just ran the split ring around one of the sides of the pocket clip on the zebralight.

14. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Thanks Tixx ! Looks like a bit of engineering in that little clip .. have to try to find 1 or 100 to buy ,) [without the light]
    Anyone have ideas for this ???

BE WELL .. GH

15. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Here's my latest ..
    [​IMG]
    A bike lock key and storage space key .. I don't use/carry keys much.. mostly keypads, key safes and cards ..
    also depending on the job most keys are stored somewhere accessible to more than one person ..
    Tools and gizmos carry in variable pockets, pouches, bags, boxes etc. ..

BE WELL .. GH

16. symbebekos

symbebekos Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the welcome, Matt! I will be edc'ing a pocketknife in addition to the Bug - I thought it was going to be a Kershaw Avalanche, but the assisted opening is illegal where I am. So I'm thinking a Kershaw OD-2, cheap and simple. I really like the Streamlight too, I find myself using it constantly.

17. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

That's too bad about the Kershaw. They are great knives! (EDIT: Just saw your knife post, I see you are in California).

I would go over to the knife section and post what you are looking for. I'd help you out here but it would be off subject.

I'm always checking out the knives section here as I am sure I would see your post.

I carry a Spyderco Chicago, it has a deep set wire pocket clip, carbon fiber handle scales, liner lock, and a high quality steel: CPMS30V for less than $50. Blade is 1.75" while the handle is: 3.25" long with a width of: 1" which makes it easier to handle in large cutting tasks even though it has a small blade.

Good luck and take care
    -Matt

p.s. Also check out the Streamlight Stylus Pro, and Microstream, excellent edc lights.

18. AcesQ

AcesQ Loaded Pockets

This are my Carabiner gears i carry in my bag everyday,

1. Swiss-Tech "Micro-Techâ„¢ 6-In-1"
    2. Victorinox Classic SD
    3. Keychain AAA Flashlight

[​IMG]

It's nothing fanciful as compared to the gears some of the guys here carried. Among those 3, Classic SD and the Flashlight is what i used most of the time.

19. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I bought mine from the same web site. The first time I looked for them they were out of stock and, like you, I went back months later and they had them in stock.

20. Denyer

Denyer Empty Pockets

Backup cash is usually a safe bet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.