1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Keychain Pics, Part 1

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by figtree, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I've been on the fence on that. Been carrying both for a year. The Widgy is actually
    better for prying and nail pulling. I may replace the Gasbaby with a Superbug. But I do
    really like the way the Widgy curves over the Gasbaby. They are almost a perfect fit.

2. ethernectar

ethernectar Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

The combination of McGizmo clips, saltwater fishing split rings and swivels is the best setup I've ever tried. Things hang loose, don't get tangled up, and I can easily swap out things if I need to for travel or weekend.

3. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Mine
    [img width=640 height=480]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/213/sl371200.jpg[/img]
    Car & House key,with utilikey andGlow tube all detachable via two clips
    Mechs steel ring with rubber tubing over holds ,Fenix EO1 &True utility cash stash ,Gerber splice,Small screw driver,Gerber Artifact

Covers all my needs and when held or hanging the bunch seems to align well so causes little bulk although the splice and Artifact rub the :censored: out of each other i dont mind i like the distressed look

4. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

My current keys (and SAK):

[​IMG]

This has been most of my EDC recently as it happens. I can get away with most cutting tasks with the Secretary on my keys but having a separate beefier Pioneer Apprentice is always nice. Ive pretty much done away with using the chain to attach the keys to me, ive not come close to needing it over the past year so figured i might as well not bother, and if i drop my keys in the dark with the twin tritium tagged Atwood Superbug ill have no problem finding them :)

This is pretty much the most content ive been with my gear since joining the site. Ive not looked to buy anything else in a couple months. The next upgrade will be my light, but i love the iTP A3 and ive yet to find anything that is true enough an upgrade to pull the trigger on it (yet, lol). The A1 also by iTP is close, if only it came in stainless steel, though ive been looking at the Lummi Raws for a while now...

5. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Where did you get that color paracord?

6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Here's my end-09 setup.
    [​IMG]
    Victorinox Multiclip 'biner, also prybar/heavy screwdriver/scraper/general blunt tool.
    Princeton Tec Eclipse light, one of the few CR2032 keychain lights that's a)waterproof rated b) has smart circuits and c) can be made to stand on its own candle-wise if removed from clip
    Spyderco Ladybug on Swiss quick-release link
    16 GB flash drive, can't really recommend this model - too fragile, already developed cracks in the inserted part, loses connection if you as much as bump it very slightly. Also on a quick-release coupler.
    Swisstech 4-in-1
    Mini Cricket lighter and electrician tape. Needs to be fitted with a quick-release coupler as well. Every device on a keychain needs to IMO unless it can decouple itself (like the light and minitool).

7. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

Paracord color is a low vis. safety orange. Harley Davidsion orange.

8. Putty

Putty Loaded Pockets

Lots of places sell it. if your in the UK I have some if you want a bit, PM me if thats the case :)

9. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I take it the little blue object is the cricket lighter? May I ask how it functions? Zippo like, bic like, etc?

Sorry, can't tell from the picture.

10. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Cricket is a brand of lighters made in Holland and pretty reliable; this is a disposable mechanical (flint-action) gas mini, so think Bic.

11. Yek4

Yek4 Loaded Pockets

Thanks, where did you buy it?

12. allgoodnamesRgone

allgoodnamesRgone Loaded Pockets

Here is my current setup:

I work on it that it still is somewhat more extensive. I'm looking for time after a peanut lighter, but they are difficult to obtain in Germany.

[img width=640 height=480]http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/020110132326_P1000692.JPG[/img]
    [img width=640 height=480]http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/020110132959_P1000697.JPG[/img]

13. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF! Thanks for posting your EDC. Do you fabricate those slider tabs that hold the split rings yourself? What does that Magicar thing do? Oh - and what is that metal rod between your keys and the Magicar thingy?

14. allgoodnamesRgone

Yes, the slider tabs are selfmade, I bend them out of a piece of aluminum.

The magicar remote is for the security-system for my car.

The stainless spring you can see on 5 o' clock contains 5 euro as a substitute.

Sooner or later I will change the mag solitaire against a Fenix LD 01 and the USB memory against a smaller one from the outside but bigger inside :idiot2:

15. Chief-Yeah

Chief-Yeah Loaded Pockets

that's a cool idea,never seen that before O0 . . . is that something you came up with . . . do you worry about the money falling out at all ? I especially like the small diameter of it as opposed to let's say a cash can,I may have to try that.
    Btw . . . :welcome: aboard

16. allgoodnamesRgone

I've put a srew in it and cut it off, due to spring force, the screw doesn't fall out.
    It's a little bit tricky to get shut out for the money, simply because it just fits so pure. But it's a spring so you can squeeze it.

[img width=480 height=640]http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/020110222325_P1000703.JPG[/img]

17. Chief-Yeah

Chief-Yeah Loaded Pockets

I like it . . . I like it a lot . . . thanks for the idea :thumbsup:

18. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Cool. Those, if thick enough, would work well in conjunction with McGizmo clips which are prone to slipping off of narrow split rings.

19. vx

vx Empty Pockets

Inspired by allgoodnamesRgone's cool little clips, I thought I'd attempt a post.
    The only novel bit here: using the Maxpedition flashlight holder to bundle stuff....

All packed up:
    [​IMG]

All laid out:
    [​IMG]

20. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

DealExtreme has them, with worldwide free shipping. Tough to beat the price, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.