1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Keychain Pics, Part 1

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by figtree, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime77

prime77 Loaded Pockets

After reading some posts regarding how the weight of a keychain can effect your car ignition I decided to separate my keys and gadgets.
    [​IMG]

2. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets

3. Tyson

Tyson Empty Pockets

Hi DPM,

what is the nuts tied in the rope lanyard? Is it a self defense tool type thing?

4. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

Looks like a Brian Colby lanyard (those were called Nut Bangers IIRC).

5. FinnFreak

FinnFreak Empty Pockets

gosh,that Planaria Ti keychain tool is cool,where could i get one?

6. DpM

DpM Loaded Pockets

Hey Tyson,

Yes it is a Brian Colby Lanyard and yes it is a Nut Banger. It's just a nice little keychain lanyard with some Ti nuts woven into it. Awesome addition to any keychain. Here's the link to his website if you're interested:
    Colby Knot and Tool

p.s.- there is no real self defense aspect to it

7. wilrader

wilrader Empty Pockets

[img width=640 height=480]http://nothing.canbreakit.com/dir/public/random/edc/CIMG0926.JPG[/img]

Utilikey + House Keys on the top ring, and on the bottom ring I have my Atwood Ti Atwrench, a Telescoping Stylus, Tweezers, a Pico Widgey, and a USB Flash Drive. When I don't carry my EDC knife (not wearing pants with a ton of pockets, or any at all, for example) I hook on the Gerber STL2.0 so I have a knife with me.

[img width=640 height=480]http://nothing.canbreakit.com/dir/public/random/edc/CIMG0927.JPG[/img]

This is kind of weird. My father gave this to me, telling me he found it on the floor where he works. As near as I can tell, I'm fairly positive it is a telescoping stylus. I thought it was pretty neat so I went ahead and tossed it on to my keychain.

8. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

wilrader,

That is an interesting piece. On the left side, is that that point plastic? If so, then based on my Inka pen, I would say that it is definetly a stylus. What is on the opposite end? Is there an ink pen built into it?

Thanks,
    Dan
    :)

9. wilrader

wilrader Empty Pockets

The left side has a hard black plastic tip, much like a stylus. The right side, however, is just a blunt metal cone. A pen would go nicely there, though...

Wil

10. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Current keychain carry

When out and about, clipped to my belt loop and carried in the bottom of my FL pocket
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/phillsievers/2-4.jpg[/img]

When in the house so im not worried about losing them i take off the chain and just pocket em.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/phillsievers/1-4.jpg[/img]

Items:

Wenger Chain key caddy
    Vic Rambler
    Nite tritium glow tag
    True Utility keychain pen
    Fenix E01
    My one lonely house key

11. DpM

DpM Loaded Pockets

phill,

Nice setup! How do you like the rambler??? I have a Mini-Champ but it just seems to bulky for my keychain. Do you get good use out of it?? :highfive:

Thanks

12. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Thanks. The rambler is cool. I got it over the mini champ because i just couldnt see me using the different features to justify the difference in bulk, weight and cost. The thing gets a tonne of use, with the blade itself being the most used part of that. I dunno how much you would notice the difference in bulk going from the 3 layer mini champ to the 2 layer rambler (its about 3mm thinner, buts thats the only real difference), but i definitely think its the better of the two tools on balance.

Also, to add to my pictures, when it hangs/bunches it fits together almost as good as tetris. The E01 and the Rambler have their attachments off centre, so when hung the pen in the middle can be pushed out and it forms a triangle. The key and Nite tag then ride against the Rambler nicely. Took a bit of playing around to get the right order so it fits.

Also, to the left of the Nite glow tag in the first picture, note the little attachment stickig out from the chain where the clip is. Using that it clips in like the tools do so you can carry it short like a normal biner. That Wenger Chain is truly awesome for its versatility and build quality. The more i use it the more i appreciate it.

13. DpM

DpM Loaded Pockets

Thanks phill!! :highfive:
    I'm pretty sure I'll be buying me a Rambler in the near future.... say TOMORROW!!! :winkwink: :roof: :highfive:
    I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to getting all the items hanging just right in sort of a puzzle configuration. That is something i can really appreciate!
    BTW, would you please post a good link for the Wenger Chain? I live in California, and I'm not sure if they are based in Europe or not. :shrug:

14. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

I got it from here, but its out of stock right now:
    http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=3388

It was also cheaper than it is now, but not by much (i expect the exchange rate from Euro to Pound made them up the price).

Heinnie Hayes is good people, and they ship internationally if you cannot find a US source.

Here is my review from when i first got it:
    http://edcforums.com/index.php?topic=22707.msg265030

15. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Is that a pen on the left? If so, what kind is it and where might one purchase? Thank you!

16. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

That is a Valiant Concepts keychain pain. Jon has them in his store, but I think they are currently on back order. Link to Pen. Definitely cool, I've got one I've been carrying for awhile that I won at one of the EDCF giveaways. They are made both in titanium and stainless steel - small production runs.

17. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome to the forums, Tixx.

18. QtrHorse

QtrHorse Loaded Pockets

As already stated, it is a Valiant Concepts pen. Mine is the SS version. I have never owned anything Titanium, so I'm not sure if I would like the Ti version better. Jon only had the SS version in stock when I wanted to purchase one. I have used it a few times. It is not comfortable or easy to write with but when you need a pen and don't have one around, you will think it is the best thing since sliced bread. I have received many compliments and what is that statements. My wife now wants one for her keychain.

19. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the link, welcome and review!

20. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

I'm running 3 keychains now. Sorry for the bad pics. My Phone is all I have for the time being. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.