1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Keychain Pics, Part 1

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by figtree, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Dafabricata did the Trit install, he's darn crafty when it comes to metal work ,)
    I'm not sure where the skull came from, there's lots to chose from on line but you have to dig hard for cool designs and a good price !

[​IMG]

2. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

He made the skull himself!!

3. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

Sure did! Thanks for the nice comments guys!
    Between the three of these, I have close to 70 hours invested and very sore fingers.

[​IMG]

They start as a solid chunk of brass and after many hours end up like these.

[​IMG]

To stay on topic, does anyone cut down their keys like I did? A T-nut from my 1980's skateboard was used to hold them together.
    Makes for a very small and quite package and is pretty darn easy to one handed.

4. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

Here's the setup I took with me for traveling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-true utility telepen
    -photon freedom
    -'mini' dogtag with name and email address (I've blanked my personal details out). These's were bought from http://www.mydogtag.com
    -swisstech utili-key
    -tritium vial
    -size 0 nite-ize s-biner

5. ParSve

ParSve Loaded Pockets

hazna: You mention a photon freedom, but I cant see it in the pictures? ;-)

Also: cool split ring!

6. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

7. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

I am sure this is common knowledge but it's also best to separate your car keys to relieve the ignition barrel from physical stress. The weight of your keychain (even a normal one, not ours, haha!) is pulling down on the ignition and may cause premature physical damage. Having a big bunch of stuff dangling in front of your knee cap is also not very healthy in case of a head-on collision. (I can imagine how much a surgeon would love to remove my Shard from my knee, muhaha).

8. sveqs

sveqs Loaded Pockets

holy cow that's cool!

9. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

yep thats sweet

10. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

11. MJGEGB

MJGEGB Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My current key-chain and most of my EDC as well. I'm very happy with the Key Rack by Nite-Ize so far as well as the Shard after doing the wrap. only problem is now I keep thinking of other toys that would be "cool" to have on my key chain but I'm very happy with the current bulk/size/weight of my current kit.

12. mzil

mzil Loaded Pockets

^Looks good. What's the knife and do you like it? [ I'm in the market for a small knife is why I ask. ]

13. MJGEGB

MJGEGB Loaded Pockets

It's a Kershaw Skyline and I LOVE IT!!! The one in pictured is my SnapOn limited run (I own two) it's the only knife I EDC anymore. Just wanted to add while it is small as in thin light and takes up little space when closed it is a 3 1/8" blade which may not be considered small by some perfect size for my uses though.

Agreed that's why I'm leaving the key-chain be and thinking about a pocket sized pouch for a few items like my PS4 headphones and a lighter. As for the S-Biners then feel very secure as the gate is the same diameter as the size up but much shorter so it's very stiff and there is a grove for the wire to sit in so that it is hard for a split ring or anything else to get under it. This set up to me is much more secure then my last two at least so far. Maybe they revised the design?

14. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

Its not good having a big bulky keychain bulge, it looks like you got most things covered anyway, although new toys are always cool :D. Have you had any trouble with the small s-biners? i'v heard of quite a few people loosing items because of those.

15. takenaway

takenaway Loaded Pockets

I used to use the s-biners and did lose one luckily not with anything important on it. The problem is that the wire is to weak and doesn't hold enough tension, so if it can be dumped and fall of easily. I am very wary of them now. It's a cool design but I don't think it is executed very well.

16. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

McGizmo clips are the way forward ;D

17. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

I've not been happy with the McGizmo clips at all. They fall off often due to the weak springs. Another challenge for the way you are using clips is the fact that McGizmo clips are single sided. The biners you are currently using have clips on both ends.

You could try the plastic #0 S Biners. That is what I am using now. Much more secure than the McGizmo or the metal S Biners, but they are also bulkier.

18. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Loaded Pockets

If you got some small split rings you could attach stuff to one end of the clip and put the other on the carabiner. You'd just have to decide if you want to take stuff off the clip, or take the clip off with the stuff.

19. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

True. Also, you can remove a key (or anything else clipped on) by a simple twist, without even opening the spring. Since the spring part is round, you can do it by applying a small pressure in a certain angle and off it goes...

20. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

Gone with a light setup.I like the Victorinox Spartan, but it's big and heavy and I don't use it too much.Besides, I have a Sportsman Eco-line in my bag and that's not getting much use either.So I attached to the Spartan a Kingston 8GB Flash drive and will only carry it from time to time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.