1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. Chad Schumacher

Chad Schumacher Loaded Pockets

Looking for a decent keychain pen that won't break the bank. I was using the true utility telescoping pen but was not impressed. I also have a inka mobile that i have on my keys now but looking to see what else is out there for options.

Thanks
    Chad

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Zebra 301 Compact makes a good one if you shoehorn a good refill in it. Zebra ballpoints really are lacking if you have to do more than sign the dinner check...

3. Gobane

Gobane Empty Pockets

4. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

5. Fusilier

Fusilier Loaded Pockets

I tried for a long time to find a good solution to having a pen on my key chain. I found the small ones were too flimsy, came apart or just were uncomfortable to actually write with. The traveller space pen wouldn't stay attached to the cap which is how it was attached to the key chain.

So I whipped up a simple key chain holder for one of my bullet space pens using a D ring and a couple of inches of 3/4" webbing. It's seen probably at least 3 years on my keys now and although it's showing a little wear, it is still for me the perfect solution. It just solves the problem so well.

I also really like to have a mini-sharpie marker on hand too because there are somethings even the space pen won't write on. So recently I made a similar mini-sharpie holder using thin (about 4 ounce) leather. The one in the photo below has been in service for about 3 weeks now. I'm still working the leather to allow me to get the marker out easier but overall it is holding up well. A webbing version would work well and would be easy to assemble. I use a laser cutter at my local MakerSpace to cut the leather but it could be easily done by hand too.

[​IMG]

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I like your key-ring pen sheaths (my term for them...) well enough except at least for me they'd be too bulky to ride inside a pocket. If I only had one on a ring it would do fine dangling from a belt loop.

YMMV!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Fusilier likes this.
  7. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Since I'm retired & live in Texas, my usual attire is Carhartt shorts and a t-shirt or camp shirt. (Insert joke here about the devil living in Texas & renting out hell.) Since I don't always have a shirt pocket, I've navigated to using a short pocket pen (usually a Machine Era compact) clipped in LH front pocket. Carrying a pen on a keyring to me is totally impractical. Having to grab keys out of pocket, then separate the pen, put the keys down or somewhere while using the pen, then reattaching pen is just too fiddly for my K.I.S.S. personality.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

The PicoPen is the simplest solution that I have seen to a functional keychain pen that pulls on and off. It's not good for extended writing, of course, but I can't imagine a more straight-forward design.

I'll add the KPGears KKP-3T pen to that list.

9. tgsponge1

tgsponge1 Loaded Pockets

I got a couple of these when I backed them on Kickstarter. Carry one on my key chain, and one tied in my bootlace (when I go hiking) and use the one on my keys daily. For what it is, I have been very pleased. It is small, but easily carried. Look at the page I attached, and you can see how well it is built, as well as what it can do.

tgsponge1

https://www.slughaus.com/slugshop/nanopen

That Movie Guy likes this.
  10. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

That looks like an interesting design. It would be hard to write with for any length of time, but very easy to keep handy.

That would drive me mad! :confused:

11. krinkster

krinkster Empty Pockets

You might give the Blank Forces EDC a look if you still haven't settled on something he makes a version that comes with a small keyring attached. Might have to wait a while as they look to be out of stock at the moment.