1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Keychain Flash Drive: How do you carry it?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by rockingthe2, Jan 16, 2012.

1. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

Oh I just carry a regular ol' 16GB Sandisk Cruzer. I keep forgetting to order one when I order parts, but I am going with one with a read/write switch on it. I keep all my repair tools on it and antivirus programs like to delete them because they have "suspicious behavior". I normally disable the user's av when I plug it in, but that gets to be a pain. There's a lot of password recovery tools, debug tools, etc that the AV programs just assume are trojans or viruses (virii??).

For a while though, I did run with a USB enclosure that you plugged a SD Card into, but it wasn't as fast as a regular thumb drive.

2. Prison Mike

Prison Mike Loaded Pockets

I carry my Keychain Flash Drive on my keychain.

3. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

I work with confidential data, and only certain people are allowed USB access by policy. I use bright colored USB keys (bright orange, yellow.) and keep them on a neck lanyard (bright orange/yellow 550 cord) along with the door FID dongle so I can see them plugged in and remember to remove them and take them with me when I'm done. If I walk away, I quickly find I can't get back in through doors that that's another reminder.

4. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

When I worked IT, I carried a retractable flash drive on a lanyard around my neck with my ID card. Easiest way to remind me not to forget it. I don't like too many things on my keychain and I don't want it in my pocket.

5. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

I use TAC drives for storing important information. I bought a 16 gig from TAD gear "magic murder drive" a few years ago. I filled it up and bought another TAC drive direct direct from manufacturer. The TAD gear had their cool skull logo on it. The newer one was engraved with dog tag information for a modest fee. They are in fact shaped like sandwiched aluminum dog tags with a slide out USB port. They are waterproof to about 180 feet or so and can be run over with a car and undamaged. The come with a medical profile program and can be encrypted. They wear with a beaded chain just like dog tags. Best money I have spent. Consolidated all my stuff.

6. Hazelip

Hazelip Loaded Pockets

I love how so few people are answering the OP's question...

I just got two of these buggers, and I'm carrying them in an aluminum pill fob. It's not my ideal carry, but I don't trust those tiny strings, and I know those caps will just pop off.

7. Haffner

Haffner Loaded Pockets

8. alukardfe

alukardfe Loaded Pockets

Well for general use (normal envirometn) its best to use a plastic,with a tight cap.
    Do not use a switch cap or any way dirt and other things can get in.
    Modern flash drives are relatively safe and rugged

9. Zac S.

Zac S. Loaded Pockets

Just some cheap LaCie iamakey wanna be I got off of Amazon almost 2 years ago. Still works perfectly

[​IMG]