1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Key ring organizer

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by mauiblue, Mar 6, 2018.

1. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

Nov 15, 2006
    Aloha to all. I work as a part time security guy at a few properties here on the island. Recently the property owner entrusted me with about 10-12 keys that are all the same dimensions. I don't have to carry them with me during my patrols and I just have them in my vehicle. I was wondering if any members here could suggest a good key ring organizer for all these keys. All metal construction would be good. I do have an Exotac Free Ring set up for another set of keys I have and that works out well. I just wanted to see what else is out there.
  2. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Oct 12, 2016

There are the keysmart, key-bar, k-addict and many other similar 2 post folding bar style (mentioned these as available in titanium and most memorable to me). I never personally used them as I wouldn't like a giant bar of keys in my pocket, but since it'll be sitting in the glove box or bag that wouldn't be an issue.

You could also use a 40, 50 or 60 roller chain adding link with keys on both sides (depending on key hole diameter, you may need to widen the hole). The 40 would max out at 8-10 keys I think, if keys are similar to a standard house/padlock/etc key with a thickness of about .08".

There are also double width such as a 40-2 or 50-2 and that would allow you to have keys only on one side if no center plates are used. Probably only get 10 keys on one side of a 40-2 double link, again if keys are similar to a standard house/padlock/etc key with a thickness of about .08". A 50-2 would hold 13 or so.

#2 assassin10000, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018