1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Key organizers; tools?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Nerdprepper, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Nerdprepper

Nerdprepper Loaded Pockets

Key organizers are everywhere now, but what about the useful tools you can fit on a normal key chain? Yes, most have the option for a usb drive and bottle opener, but how about things like screw drivers, pry bars, and the such. Does anyone have any custom tools that fit in key organizers?

2. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

I've seen some people buy cheap multitools and take out the tools to put in the key organizers. The Brewzer fits in the Key Bar pretty well, though.

3. Keris

Keris Empty Pockets

Get some Kydex and make your own. It's pretty easy. I'd said almost anyone can do it. Here are some I made all with Kydex.
    The one on the right was the first I made and it came out pretty neat and very, very easy to access keys.. Gave it a snakeskin paintjob with Plastidip for some grip and it works perfect! I really liked Karambits so I thought of trying something new so I made the one in the middle. I didn't like it very much since it's a little hard to get the keys out so I replaced it with my comb. Got some leftover Kydex so decided to make a simple one in red carbon fiber.
    [​IMG]

4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

^^^nice work! that's what I would do if I carried more then one key. Anything less then exactly what I wanted would drive me nuts and some of the retail options are very pricey.

5. Keris

Keris Empty Pockets

Thanks, man! I would have to agree with you that retail options are very pricey and that's what made me make these for myself. Also, I can make any design I want that I like instead of just having 1 or 2 options. :D

kertap75 likes this.
  6. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

What thickness kydex did you use? I can get 0.06 and 0.093.
    I want to try making a key/tool/USB organizer.
    I like the comb idea.

7. Keris

Keris Empty Pockets

I would suggest getting 93 which is stronger than 80 since its thicker. I'm using 80 since they're leftovers from holsters I made.

Ironside likes this.
  8. AF86

AF86 Loaded Pockets

back to the original question. i just ordered a keybar and am interested in what everyone has in theirs besides keys!

9. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I once had a PockeTweez and a JDR Mini Makemake in my old KeyGrip. Only problem is the PockeTweez are currently unavailable until the oft delayed updated version is released. JDR isn't making tools anymore either.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bowman1911, Lorenzo and acs-jw like this.
  10. NickMach007

NickMach007 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Keygrip. It is quite handy and can be used in many ways.