1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kershaw Median Titanium Flipper (review)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by F.Todd, Mar 3, 2015.

1. F.Todd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

F.Todd Loaded Pockets

I had some Cabela's gift cards and added this to my purchases. I figured I'd give it a shot. I really like this knife!!! Basically it's sized/modeled between a Cryo I and II. Shape is a little different and comes with a black blade and clip. I have a Cryo II and like the Median better, which says a lot because I usually prefer bigger knives. The action is was smoother and balanced than the Cryo II, makes my II fell snappy/delayed. Figured I'd add my input here, I took a chance ordering it and only found one other review on the inter webz.

Comparison pics
    [​IMG]

From Cabelas site:
    Kershaw® Median Titanium Flipper Knife

• Durable stainless steel blade and handle
      • Handle sports titanium-nitride coating
      • Assisted opening and frame lock
    When you need a knife, you'll be glad you have the Cabela's-exclusive Kershaw Median Titanium Flipper Knife. Corrosion-resistant 3CR13MoV stainless steel blade with a black oxide coating and sturdy stainless steel handle with a titanium-nitride coating ensure years of dependable service. Also features assisted opening, frame lock and deep-carry, three-position clip. Imported.
    Blade length: 3”.
    OAL: 7.1”.
    Closed length: 4.1''.
    Wt: 5 oz.

AK Adventurer and Hangman like this.
  2. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

I have never even heard of this knife! Is it still a hinderer design or a new Kershaw design?

AK Adventurer likes this.
  3. F.Todd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

F.Todd Loaded Pockets

It does not say Hinderer Design on it...I think the shape is sexier, the jimping is better on the Cryo but I like the arch better on the Median. Also the flipper is larger on the Median and works better as a finger guard.

LRex and AK Adventurer like this.
  4. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

ooohhh... I do like the looks of that!

5. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

I kinda feel like calling a knife titanium because it has titanium-nitrite coating is false advertising...

Matthew Hess and F.Todd like this.
  6. HalJordon

HalJordon Banned

I also bit on the Median a few months ago. I'm not a steel snob but it's worth mentioning that the blade is 3cr. When I got it it wouldn't flip open under its own power, it was very stiff. I attempted to take it apart to clean and lube it but ended up breaking 3 torx screwdrivers attempting to remove the handle screws. I ended up sending it back to the Cabelas. Like the name implies though it is a great middle ground between the Cryo and Cryo 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DevotedD84

DevotedD84 Loaded Pockets

Wow! I just sold off my Leek and Cryo because I got bored with them but I might just have to get a new Kershaw!

8. F.Todd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

F.Todd Loaded Pockets

Agreed! I got excited for a second then realize something was up when I saw the price and read further.
    Sorry to hear that...law of numbers I guess, there are bound to be some duds in a $30 knife production. I will say that I've returned quite a few things to Cabela's and their return process was nice and easy. Also, it is mentioned in my OP that the blade is 3CR13MoV. Blade came sharp, had it for about a month and a half with moderate box cutting, general purpose and the edge has held.

Adahn likes this.