1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kelty Redwing 3100

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by aedmband21, Dec 11, 2011.

1. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

So after a ridiculous Bears loss to Denver comforted by Jack Daniels, I decided to buy a Kelty Redwing 3100 on ebay for $43 just because. I think it's a good deal but I could be wrong.

So what am I in for? Any experiences with this pack? I'm hoping to use this to house a car emergency kit/get home bag. I've read more than a few posts on this bag and it seems like people enjoy it. It seems like a classic... and while I have a few other bags for different purposes, I'm liking the setup of this bag.

So what say you? What did I get myself into?

2. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

great bag. I used it for a couple years. Very nice organization and access to your stuff, carries a load well when you fit the aluminum frame to you. I used it as a climbing pack so it was always tossed down onto rocks and scree, and the bottle holder mesh did rip a couple times. For your uses you will never see that kind of wear, so i wouldnt worry about it.

Enjoy the great pack- you're getting it for less than half what I paid. :)

3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]
    I love it. You got a great price. I can pack for several days in it, and carry it on a plane. It also carries a freakishly large number of books for me to school. My husband won't even pick it up when I got it full of books, but once it is on my back, I don't feel the weight at all. The bladder bag holder is a perfect size for my netbook.

4. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

eBay sure is addicting. I just saw another Kelty Redwing 3100 on there. Right now it's like $28 with 5 hours to go if anyone is interested. I have zero affiliation with the seller and all that good CYA stuff.