1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Keeping Holsters Organized

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Boudreaux, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Loaded Pockets

How do you guys do it?
    How do you keep all your holster for your different carry guns organized. I will use 2 or 3 holster per gun depending on the weather and what I can wear. I just can't keep up with them, they get thrown in a box and I have to dig through them to fine what I need for that day.

Thanks,
    Boswell

Wishoot and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  2. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Pretty much everyone who carries a pistol has a box FULL of holsters, It's kinda a unwritten law. :p

I do keep my most used out where I can get them easily, my Mitch Rosen .45 compact gear hangs on a hook in my bedroom closet and my other 3 or
    4 most used live in the "Drawer of Holding" that is my EDC dump point.

3. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

One carry gun, one holster. Gun is always in the holster. Problem solved (for me at least).

nosnerosen, Norm66, BubbaFett and 2 others like this.
  4. ChrisHunter

ChrisHunter Loaded Pockets

I have a stack of little milk crates in my safe. The bottom 3 are ammo (rimfire bottom, then target and then defense) the one on the top of the stack has holsters in it. There is also a cris-crossing of shock cord on the inside of the door of the safe that has some pocket holsters and such that might be tough to find in the crate.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  5. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Dresser drawer for the ones I mite use, the ones I use r in a holster .
    Jake

swany66675 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. Trave1ingEast

Trave1ingEast Loaded Pockets

Same method works for me also.

7. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

Dresser drawer or on the gun. Shield pretty much lives in its kydex, Glock splits two evenly for carry, and I have a dedicated holster velcroed to my nightstand (accommodates the weapon light).

8. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Like another said, buy a pistol buy five holsters. I'm pretty organized with everything and keep all my "stuff" compartmentalized so yes I have a dresser drawer full of holsters and related sundries. However, I have a Glock 23 that lives in my truck. I carry it concealed sometimes, with prior planning, and at other times I'll put it on when I'm somewhere that makes me feel my pocket LCP isn't sufficient. For that reason, I always like to have the G23 nearby. I have a Galco leather pancake holster, a Desantis Intruder IWB holster, a Blackhawk Serpa, and a Fobus junkie all stashed away in my truck, and each gets a use depending on what I'm doing. I have a few remaining holsters in the aforementioned dresser drawer as well as related accessories and most of my Glock 21 holsters that aren't affixed to some type of duty rig as I still get the opportunity, although infrequent, to pull on a uniform and gun from time to time. Most of the time the G21 with TLR-1 lights lays in waiting on my nightstand with a clip on mag holder and spare mag.

FWIW, I own way too many holsters and probably too many magazines as well, lol.

9. MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench Loaded Pockets

I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or 6 holsters, and I use a tie/belt rack to hang them all up and out of the way in the closet. I just hook one of the belt loops over each of the bars on the rack. My rack is a clothes hanger style, but they make models that you could mount to the wall on the back of your closet. Just search Tie Rack on Amazon, and you'll find a pretty good assortment of options.

10. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I love/hate this issue.

Holsters for my EDC are kept very near the EDC guns. Everything else is stored in a gym bag near the safe.

11. Norm66

Norm66 Loaded Pockets

Yep. I actually use two holsters, one for pants with a belt (alien Gear hybrid) and one for the rest of the time and nightstand duty (Sticky). The gun is always in one or the other with the empty one waiting on a table near where I get dressed.

12. Saffa2

Saffa2 Loaded Pockets

How about one of those closet shoe hangers? That should work great. You know, one of those panels you hang on your closet door with pockets to put your shoes in?

stbear likes this.
  13. KenW.

KenW. Loaded Pockets

Every owner of a handgun WILL end up with the proverbial "box ' holsters". it might as well be just a cardboard box.

14. tacos3

tacos3 Loaded Pockets

I keep all the holsters that I use regularly in a drawer in my desk(I work at home) and the rest are in a box in a locked closet where my safe is. I need to move all the OWB hoisters that I hardly use to the closet.

15. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I have zip up nylon pistol bags that I use to keep my holsters organized. For example, for my 1911's I have a leather iwb holster, leather owb holster, kydex iwb holster, and kydex owb holster. I write the model on the outside of the bags with a silver sharpie.

BTW, I also write the model of the gun on the back of all of my holsters with a silver sharpie.

It gets tricky to remember which guns fit the holsters. I have a Galco Combat Master that fits my HK USP Compact .45's, Glock 30, Glock 17, and Glock 19.

16. patientcero

patientcero Loaded Pockets

Shoe boxes work well for me. Designate a box for each gun, if it's a secondary that doesn't see much use you can add a piece of cardboard as a divider. Place holster(s) in back half and spare mags in the front. Easy to stack in a safe or closet shelf and doesn't scream gun to visitors if it's in the open or when packed into larger boxes for moving.