1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Karas Kustoms Fountain Pen!

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by theprepared_com, Nov 24, 2013.

1. theprepared_com

theprepared_com Loaded Pockets

I'm for one of these for sure. All they say is "coming soon".

[​IMG]

C.Boland93 and porkchop like this.
  2. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

theprepared_com likes this.
  3. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

theprepared_com likes this.
  4. mhphoto

mhphoto Loaded Pockets

Hopefully they'll release a brass, bronze, or copper version. With over 160 fountain pens already in my collection I need a good reason to get a new one these days…

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  5. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

To be honest, I was so unimpressed with the Karas Kustoms pens, I think I'll skip this one. If you're looking for a good affordable fountain pen, check out the TWSBI pens. Great fillers and nibs for the price.

A.D.D.i.c.t. likes this.
  6. robo

robo Loaded Pockets

I love my Karas Kustoms, this would be my first fountain pen if they come out with it.

low_down likes this.
  7. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

What's the story on this? I've only seen a teaser photo. Anyone have any other info? Will it be a KS project? Kind of hope not.

I've had TWSBI and am one that is far from a fan. Way too many cracking issues and they were a little dry. Took too much work. Too finicky, I guess was the best way. The replacement parts were always sent out without question but it just wasn't my idea of fun after a while.

I have the Render K. Wife got me the Retrakt for Christmas. And, I will sell plasma to get this! Have been really impressed with my KK pen. Simple and elegant. My Render is likely my most used pen. More so than my Meierstruck 146 FP. I guess because I don't mind the KK getting a beating and mostly use at work.

8. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

They must know there is a market for this now..

9. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I love my render k.. They make good stuff.

I'd like to see their fountain pen.. Although they now have the bolt in Copper so I might have a hard choice to make..

I'd love to see them make a render k 1/4" bit driver..

10. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Damnit - i didnt need to see this, well my wallet didnt need me to see this.

Looks really nice, and im a big fan of FPs

11. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

After their bolts, I think I'll avoid them.. At those prices, you can get a REALLY good fountain pen, made by a company that has been doing it for a LONG time. (Pelikan)

A.D.D.i.c.t. and SAKplumber like this.
  12. low_down

low_down Loaded Pockets

I like my bolts, but fountain pens seem useless these days unless you want to act all fancy.

13. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

This actually made me laugh enough for my drink to work its way out of my nose. :)

I guess I like "acting all fancy" when I use one of my 60 or so fountain pens to write letters to friends and family... :)
    Or one of the 4 or 5 I carry in my bag when I need to take notes in a meeting.

(For me, I find that if I actually want to read anything I write later, I write it with a fountain pen.)

A.D.D.i.c.t. and SAKplumber like this.
  14. low_down

low_down Loaded Pockets

Writing letters......whats wrong with email, lol. Just age differences I guess really. I have relatively nice handwriting, but at work I can only compare it to a doctors chicken scratch, just too many things to sign and constantly write out.

15. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

Have you ever Written with a fountain pen before? A smooth nib produces the most enjoyable writing experience imaginable. It turns an everyday chore into something you look forward to. The ink flowing smoothly and effortlessly, and watching it change as it dries into the paper. The world of fountain pens is amazing. If you're interested in them, a cheap gateway drug is the Pilot Varsity. I bought a Lamy Safari after about three days with the Varsity.

Kripto likes this.
  16. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Actually this thread should be re-titled because the pen is also made in a rollerball version that takes several refills.. they note a p8126 rollerball
    refill which I believe is the same one in the Retro 51 Tornadoes...it is then compatible , as they confirm, with Parker style and (true to this forum) the Fisher refill. To me then, it seems a new rendition of RenderK but with a large amount of refills available. To me it brings to mind my
    Parker big Red style plastic ballpoint; shaped like a capped fountain pen...except the plastic cracked where the nose screws into the body. Here, the
    metal solves all those problems.

17. DavieWavie

DavieWavie Loaded Pockets

Just had a wee explore on online and the Green/Copper combination looks amazing, mind you the black/brass is very nice too and I would not say no the blue/brass, decisions decisions.

18. C.Boland93
    • In Omnia Paratus

C.Boland93 Loaded Pockets

That's a good looking pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk