1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kahr Pistols

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 0dBm, Jun 3, 2006.

1. EODtech

EODtech Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at Khar CW- 45ACP for a concealed carry weapon for $499 or a Glock G36 for $444

Looking at a number of posts on forums I'm leaning toward the Glock, mainly due to reliability issues.

2. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

I've got the Kahr T9 with the MMC rear sight. Nice gun, but pay attention to how you put the recoil spring on the guide rod. I took mine off and put it on backwards. I had to sent it for repair.

I'll admit, I wish it had a captive recoil spring for that reason and rubber grips.

Very nice pistol.

3. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

My PM9 is one of my 2 primary carry guns, along with a S&W 442. Each rides in my RF pocket. A Ruger LCP goes with me to church, as it is very small and produces no pocket bulge.

[​IMG]
    Kahr PM9. Uncle Mike's pocket holster not shown.

4. AKS

AKS Empty Pockets

While I have since sold my P40 and bought a second Glock 27 and 10 mags with extension base plates for less than I sold it for...
    I know Kahr fans are true fans and even I will admit their customer service is first rate. Mine was used with a bent recoil spring, one call to Kahr and they mailed me a new spring and guide rod at no cost. Fun pistols but I will keep with the Glocks at a lower cost

5. tpd223

tpd223 Empty Pockets

Over the past year and a half we have bought a CW9 and a PM9 for my wife's CCH guns. She started out with a Glock 26 (too big), then a Kel Tech P32 (too small). Now we have hit the just right phase.

6. twistedrover

twistedrover Empty Pockets

Love mine
    [img width=640 height=588]http://www.yankeefist.net/summercarry.JPG[/img]

7. Nightside_Eclipse

Nightside_Eclipse Empty Pockets

I've only put two rounds through John Farnam's Kahr .45 and it was a handful, I'd love to have one in 9mm... .40 and .45 is just too much in such a little gun for me.

8. _STL_15_

_STL_15_ Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Kahr CW 9mm yesterday. I have shot quite a few Kahr's and have liked them all.

9. carry24x7

carry24x7 Empty Pockets

+1 on the Kahr CW9. I carry mine daily. It is my only gun. I generally carry it in a belt slide holster with an extra magazine in a front pocket. I used to have a Glock 19 but I found it to be too bulky and left it at home a lot of the time.

10. tennvol

tennvol Empty Pockets

Any issues with shooting lead reloads in them? I've heard the tolerances are tight in all model/calibers of Kahrs.

11. jggonzalez

jggonzalez Loaded Pockets

I forgot to mention that at one time I had the T9 too, but it just didn't work for me. The gun was accurate, no real issues, but it didn't feel right in my hand. I switched to the K9 and that one felt great. Unfortunately, I sold the K9 to a friend because I didn't see the sense in having a K9 and an MK9. Big mistake. I love the MK9, but wish I still had that K9 too.

12. twistedrover

twistedrover Empty Pockets

All Kahr pistols except the CW series have polygonal rifling and should not be fed lead bullets - the CW series have cut rifling and it's perfectly safe feeding them a steady diet of lead projectiles

13. tennvol

tennvol Empty Pockets

That sucks, looks like I can mark Kahr's off my list :(. Does anyone make aftermarket rifled barrels for the pm9?

14. Frequency

Frequency Empty Pockets

Kahr K4044N here. Best pistol I've ever owned hands down.

15. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I gotta agree that my Elite 98 IS the best pistol I have ever owned.

16. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

What kind of durability and track record do Kahr pistols have in comparison to Glocks?

17. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

jcw - you are asking for a fight! :p Kahr owners love Kahrs...Glock folks love Glocks. (I'm a Glock guy for autopistols - revolvers for "always go bang")

you can google or youtube glock destruction/durability tests...hours of video / hundreds of pages of some crazy stuff being done to Glocks. As an owner, I'm signed up for the Glock annual, some newletters, etc...so the "obsession" grows.

but I bet Kahr owners have lots of support for their side too!

18. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

I understand that, but I'm just wondering if Kahr firearms have similar durability. Someone mentioned that Kahr pistols have tight tolerances, and from what I understand, tight tolerances can sometimes mean they don't play nice with sand, dirt, cold, etc.

19. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

at the risk of having to *DUCK!* in the future from throwing Kahr fans... :laugh: ....there is NO other pistol that has been tested the way Glocks have been. (over the last 30 years)

Glocks are considered "dry guns" and work very fine in dusty dirty enviroments. Beretta and FN have Military contracts and also test hard...but I still like my own experience with GLocks. Kahr seems to be looking for the newly expanded CCW market and making "thin" sexy by their ads...that's cool. and maybe you will get a link or something to a Kahr testing....like this famous one for Glock :

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Itemid=40

(if anyone hasn't read that...be prepared to be amazed at what this guy does to his Glock!)

All that said, I still carry a revolver for a backup for my Glock - not a smaller Glock...even though I've never had a single problem with the Glock...

20. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info on Kahr. I would never expect to use a CCW pistol in any remotely extreme environment/condition, but it's always nice to know it's limits. Yeah I've seen that link, it's pretty remarkable. At the same time, there is barely any realistic situation for the normal CCW carrier where extreme conditions like that will exist for your firearm.