1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Kahr Firearms.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by baja820, Jan 27, 2013.

1. garystl

garystl Empty Pockets

I've had a PM40 for about 6 years or so. I had an issue with the spring on the mag release when it was brand new, but they fixed it and returned it quickly.
    Good trigger pull. I added an A-Grip wrap because I really didn't like the plastic grip in a gun that small.
    I'd buy another Kahr anytime.

2. Freebird

Freebird Empty Pockets

I carry a CW-9 and gave my Dad a P380 with Crimson Trace. I like the CW-9, but am having trouble adjusting to the long trigger pull.

3. Cokeman

Cokeman Loaded Pockets

You'll get used to it and like it in no time.

4. Chili-Mac

Chili-Mac Loaded Pockets

Love my PM9!

5. rim

rim Empty Pockets

I carry a pm9 shoots every time, carries just fine. It does not like steel case ammo or anything from wolf....it eats hornady, speer/blazer, PMC, federal just fine.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

6. BMurphysLaw

BMurphysLaw Loaded Pockets

I have a PM9 as well, love it, great pocket pistol.

7. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

My hybrid E9/K9, wifey didn't like the walnut grips it had, so its back on the stock rubber.

[​IMG]

8. Plinkman

Plinkman Empty Pockets

I have a P9. It's very easy to IWB carry and it's still big enough to enjoy at the range. The slide is a beast to handle (I'm guessing they're all that way). An empty mag will not drop freely by pressing the mag release--I have to physically grab the mag with my off-hand to remove it. Not a big deal under normal circumstances, but would definitely make reloading slower in a self-defense situation.

9. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

My father has two Kahrs, i dont know what models, but they have a nice heavy tight feel, but i went to glock, JR

10. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

Fantastic guns, and the PM9 is unparalleled for its size/price/shootability. That little sucker runs great, I regret selling mine.

11. Groovy

Groovy Loaded Pockets

Kahr K9 great everyday carry and small enough to hide under a t shirt or dress jacket if need be. Also very reliable and accurate. And for those that prefer more power the K9 was originally designed for +P 9mm ammo. The factory springs that come with the new models are not rated for +P ammo but Wolff extra power recoil springs can be easily found to replace the factory springs if you want to use higher velocity ammo.
    [​IMG]

12. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

Having shot many subcompact 9mm Kahrs, my experience is their steel framed pistols are more reliable than their plastic framed pistols. YMMV.

13. Groovy

Groovy Loaded Pockets

You are correct but I did not want to be the one that starts that usual debate. I have shot 2 polymer framed Kahr's but still decided that the all steel pistols are all around a better weapon despite the weight. The original was designed to fire full power loads in the SS pistol. The polymer guns came about from customers requests for a lighter version. Since they were not designed from the ground up they suffer in performance and reliability.