1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Justice Is Done" knife from Boker

Discussion in 'Knives' started by legoman0721, May 15, 2011.

1. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=BO01BO551J

What do you all think?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like it. And this has nothing to do with the knife or the company (I have no experience with either), but to me it feels like they're trying to be the first to jump on the patriotism bandwagon and profit from it. I'm sure it's a good knife, but there's nothing about the knife that makes it special except for some lettering on the blade. Also, I was hoping to see something in the description about proceeds going to support the military or a charity or something, but there was nothing like that.

I think this stands in contrast with Spyderco's WTC knife, which seems to have had a lot more thought put into it and all profits went to an appropriate benefit fund.

Am I getting bent out of shape for no reason? Were we just spoiled by Spyderco's high standards with events like this? Or does this just have a bad feel to it?

2. sonny

sonny Empty Pockets

I got the Hyper, love it. But I think this treatment is tacky.
    Or it's a personal massage from CLB ?

3. midnightreport

midnightreport Loaded Pockets

Osama Bin Laden was bad. Really bad. Nevertheless, I find the idea of celebrating/commemorating/commodifying the death of anyone highly distasteful and disturbing. I think of the Spyderco's WTC commemorative as very different... meant to honor those who gave their lives and served their fellow people.

In addition to the patriotic-profiteering angle, I object to the the notion that killing Bin Laden is really a momentous occasion. Yes, he's a figurehead of the organization that attacked the United States, but in truth, the organization is still very much there and continues to pose a threat to the U.S. and its interests both domestically and abroad.

4. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

5. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Me too, it's a disgrace. And those knives would be good examples to use in the dictionary definition of "tacky".

6. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I think it's just a stupid name for a knife, regardless of current events. Oh, you need to cut a piece of cord? Here, use my "That's why the pancakes burned.". What the ....? ???

7. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

On top of all that was said... what an ugly/crappy knife.

8. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

9. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I appreciate that we're all keeping politics out of this, because that's not what this is about. Thanks to all who've responded for not letting political issues into this discussion! :thumbsup:

At first glance, those Case knives seemed more well-done than the Boker, but reading the inscriptions on the blades really puts them in a negative light, at least in my opinion. Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see any mention of profits from these going to charity either. Helping a worthy cause with this sort of "commemoration" is one thing, helping your wallet by profiting from war and death is another thing.

10. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

War, death and profits, reminds me of the Vietnam war! They should be giving profits to a charity or at least a %!

11. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

You're right. It's tacky and inappropriate.

12. Eyebedam

Eyebedam Loaded Pockets

I guess I'm the odd man out here. Would I buy it? Probably not because it doesn't really appeal to me. Do I see anything wrong with it? Nope. All it says is Justice is done. We been trying to get the SOB for a long time. Companies are always looking to make a buck. Look at everything that was marketed for the twin towers when they were destroyed. Everything from plates to 2.00 bills to coins. I bet half that money didn't go to any fund. This will probably be considered somewhat classy compared to things I'm sure will be marketed in the near future.

13. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

The hyper is a good little EDC knife. Deep carry pocket clip, good grip with texture and jimping, reasonable blade length for most municipalities, decent steel. Designed by a forum member and built by a company that's not afraid of some interesting styles (and unlikely big sellers).

I agree that the 'Justice...' phrase is a bit much. Not something I would buy for that reason. The plain Hyper - I do have one.

14. SouthCoastMudder

SouthCoastMudder Loaded Pockets

I don't think it is really a good idea for a knife.

15. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I feel the same way.

16. oronocova

oronocova Loaded Pockets

17. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Celebrate our Troops, not the deed. They did what they were ordered to do and they did their jobs well.

as for the knife itself? I like the overall design and now want a Hyper, but not 'that' one. Yes, it's tacky. I think I'll just get one of the originals.