1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just picked up a Charge TTI

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by mdnitedrftr, Aug 13, 2017.

1. mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr Loaded Pockets

I just picked up a used Charge off of Ebay. Not a scratch on it. Came with a sheath and 2 bit kits. I think I got a good deal on it, and thus far I'm pretty happy with it. The best thing about it is the pocket clip. Makes it so much easier to carry. It has quickly moved to the head of my EDC.

313 and chaosmagnet like this.
  2. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

A good deal for Charge in good shape. Great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaosmagnet and mdnitedrftr like this.
  3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I've been wanting LM to make a Charge with the Surge's pliers head, but I haven't wanted it enough to mod one myself.

4. 313

313 Uber Prepared

Congrats, the Charge is an awesome tool. I sure miss mine.

mdnitedrftr likes this.
  5. outbackwack

outbackwack Loaded Pockets

Accidentally left mine in my bag when going through security. Gladly paid the $12 to ship it back home. It showed up the next day in a clear bag. Unbelievable. Love that tool!

Outbackwack

6. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

Let me know how you end up sharpening the s30 knife. Can't get it right for the life of me on my charge tti

7. jimboinwv

jimboinwv Loaded Pockets

Absolutely the best multi tool, IMHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdnitedrftr likes this.
  8. mdnitedrftr

mdnitedrftr Loaded Pockets

Gotta agree.

I have a lot of other MTs, and while I like them all in their own way, this one seems to be the best all around. Its still not perfect though.

9. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

My only two complaints about it are:

1. It has no awl. That was enough of a deal breaker for me to pass when first considering one, but around that time, someone offered an accessory mod that fit the interchangeable screwdriver bit holder, a bit of a kludge, but totally workable. That alone tilted me into picking up a TTi, which turned out to have been an outstanding multi-tool, one of my favorites and my choice in the inevitable "what if you can have only one" post.

2. The bottle opener function can only be accomplished by swinging down the other handle that otherwise gets in the way of what grips the bottle cap. That is always a slight annoyance, as if the design had not been well thought out. In fact, only Leatherman tool I ever owned in which the combo tool worked properly was an original Super Tool, one of which I carried exclusively for 9 years. I was disappointed that not only the Charge but all the Leathermen I have worked with since have the the same annoying glitch.

10. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

These are my Leathermen, collected since 1996. Only change since I snapped this photo is that the Squirt P4 (last on right) has been replaced with a Juice S2. The Super Tool on the left was my first and only for 9 years, along with the Micra. The ST is now retired, but the Micra is still in the rotation. Also semi-retired is the PST. I keep it in case of traveling to a place where locking blades are not permitted. It went with me for a month's stay in England a few years ago, hasn't been used since, but you never know. The Charge TTi is my main Leatherman these days, supplemented by the Super Tool 300 for heavy duty. Sometimes I feel more comfortable with this because of the increased beef of the implements, especially in the aftermath of violent storm that blew through my part of town some while ago causing a lot of damage. As it worked out, I did need it for some minor repairs, could have done with the Charge, but still it's better to prepare for max. I like the Rebar, wish it had existed decades ago when the small size would have appealed to me, but seldom use it in place of the others. For me, it's time had passed. Maybe someday it will come in handy.

kpstumpf, 313 and mdnitedrftr like this.