1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just launched a new Sneaky Bag sling bag.....

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info. I love having access to people in the know like this. Understood on the intended design/use of the bag. Make sure to let us know when/if you design a bag with the main interior features of the nautilus, which I'm assuming are coming to utilize the pouches. Personally I'm not a fan of bag carry as a primary carry method and I'm not sure bag would get much shoulder time in its current state (for me at least). Throw some more pockets, or at least a admin pocket on the front and I think you'd have a winner in my book. I'm still trying to determine if I could take care of enough organization with the pouches that I wouldn't need/miss other pockets or a dedicated admin pocket. I think it's possible... still debating, its not off the list completely yet.

At first look those pouches and interior mounting features on the Nautilus are winners for sure.

2. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

fourxfour - thanks brother. It would indeed be perfect for an AR pistol. I don't have one here but I'm gonna head over to the local shop and see what else I can fit in one of the Nautilus.

Ref the Matroskya pouches - there are several ways to use these pouches but the thing that I find it great for is when you have a lack of 'real estate'. Unless you stuff the crap outta on of these pouches (too thick), you can double stack 'em. For example if you have 3 magazines velcroed to the back wall, you can still have a large pouch over it. Naturally it doesn't make sense since your covering the mags BUT all you need to do is flip the pouch to get to the mags.

We also use the pouches with carabiners and hook it into place through a d-ring etc. I use these pouches for consolidating gear like cables etc and throw them into my duffel. When I need to I hang them outside my bag/duffel for easier access. For example I have one of the clear ones as a first aid kit that I hook onto the outside of my range bag.

Just some side ideas. Thanks

H

3. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

You're very welcome bro. It's tough when we try to come up with designs for both civilians and govt/state operators. The guys that we 'sit down and talk to' all have a simple and straight forward requirement.....conceal the arms in a bag that they can blend in with while in civilian clothing. They understand that deployment is not going to be super fast but anything inside the bag can be primary, secondary, back-up or even basic stuff like a long range radio with collapsible antennas. These bags are a hit among those that need to operate discreetly especially when deployed OCONUS or even for local ops.

Truth be told, we learn something new every week. That's the interesting thing about the business we're in and all of us here enjoy it.

H

4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

FYI I consider myself very lucky to be able to work with someone like Dan. He's very knowledgable and is very grounded, no ego, etc. Having spent time working with him both here and OCONUS, I am always in awe with what he comes up with. And now the man is working on carriers for bikes! The man has got talent.

JonSidneyB - can we get Dan on the forum? I'm sure the guys would appreciate having him on-board. Ulterior motives are in play here ;)

thePlumbah likes this.
  5. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

As a general member, absolutely. Have him register and PM me his user name so we can get him activated.

If it's in conjunction with your business, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll defer to Jon for that part.:)

6. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Thanks cowsmilk. That was actually a jab at Jon, giving him some grief he doesn't need ;) That said, need to check in on him and see how he's doing.

cowsmilk likes this.
  7. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

There is a good chance that he won't understand the humor. (Sorry Jon, but it's true.):D

I know this because I've tried myself a few times.:p

thePlumbah likes this.
  8. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

LOL! Ah man, I needed that.

thePlumbah and cowsmilk like this.
  9. Dan A.
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Dan A. Empty Pockets

The intent of the Matroskya pouches was to have a suite of pouches allowing greater organization of a vast array of different items inside as broad a range of platforms as possible. The uses are only limited by your imagination. I have seen them used for meds,batteries,ammo,tools,clothing,food,maps,dog treats. Some users write on the outside of the pouches and attach them in cascading fashion to large PALS fields. You can attach them to PALS, or zip tie/caribiner/paracord to nearly anything.
    I would be interested to see what new uses people come up with for them.

Last edited by Dan A., Sep 9, 2014
  10. Dan A.
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Dan A. Empty Pockets

Knowing as we all know that off body carry is never going to be as fast as drawing from a holster, would you prefer that your off body weapons carriage was more of a dedicated gear carriage platform that also had a place for a gun, or designed from the outset to be easy to use with weapons and also carry some small amounts of support gear in an easily accessable fashion?

The reason I ask is that it is somewhat at cross purposes to make a system that does both things well . Based on the feedback from end users who already had literally every gear bag on the market available to them, what was requested was one that worked better with weapons. Some pretty specific ones at that.
    Everything we make is some sort of compromise in some area. Hopefully its good enough to be relevant for awhile until we can think of something better.

That said, if you gents want something different and can all agree on what that would be, I am very certain that Helmie can accomodate your requests as long as certain parameters are met with respect to minimum order quantities.

Hope that helps.
    D

11. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

Well, Dan since you asked. Naturally if I were to carry off body only I would want a platform optimized for that situation. I have full faith that you are providing an optimized platform for concealed carry. I just don't carry a bag with me all the time, some users do which would make this a good platform for them.

What I love about this bag is the combination of the mount points in the bag and the pouches. I wouldn't have stuff all bunched in the bottom or pouches contending with loose items when I reach for them, everything would be in a pouch that stays in place for consistency /permanence in the bag. For me off body carry isn't an option I need to consider for primary carry, and I don't own a SBR or PDW.

So I like the pouches and mounting options, I personally don't like how specialized the bag is. I understand from Helm what the design intentions were and agree that you got those right, the intended functionality I just don't think is for me. Unless I can mount enough pouches to take care of my admin/organization needs.

12. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Dan, welcome and thanks for taking the time talk with us.

13. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Man am I glad to see you on the forum Dan. I know a lot of folks will appreciate the depth of knowledge you bring to the group. Now don't stop there, please feel free to respond to any questions directed to me :)

Helm

T.H.Cone and cowsmilk like this.
  14. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

^ Oh, now the truth comes out. Helm is just trying to pawn us of on poor 'ol unsuspecting Dan. Real nice.:p

thePlumbah likes this.
  15. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

And he wouldn't even know what hit him. Life is gonna get better ;)

FlyersFanJV, T.H.Cone and cowsmilk like this.
  16. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

Whats the available internal length in the Nautilus?