1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just launched a new Sneaky Bag sling bag.....

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, Sep 4, 2014.

1. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Been busy trying to get some new products from Sneaky Bags launched. This is one of 'em that I thought might be of interest to some of you guys. Please let JonSidneyB know if you are. Some new accessories under Sneaky Bags will be announced shortly!

Thanks!

thePlumbah, LRex, cowsmilk and 4 others like this.
  2. Raze

Raze Loaded Pockets

Awesome looking pack! Low-Key, slick design.

Love that Navy color. The same as the SERT EDC Backpack I see?

3. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Yes it is ;)

4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

This was shot during the initial test phase....

MarauderX and Raze like this.
  5. mbakes

mbakes Loaded Pockets

Can you let us know the dimensions of the bag? I am curious whether the upper of my AR will fit. I saw the video with an AR but it looked like it may be a short barrel. Thanks.

6. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

mbakes, that upper you see in the video is about 19" long. There is about 1/2 to 1" of room left but anything longer is not going to fit.

The Nautilus is 21" x 13" x 7"

7. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

Any hints on where the price point will be and if Jon would get access to the pouches?

I'm not sure I'm sold on the pocket configuration, but I like the versatility of the main compartment. Looks like it would be easy to have different pouch setups to quickly swap out the load and stay organized when you get to your destination. I could be very intrigued depending on the price point.

edit: googled and found the price. Not seeing the pouches though... More looking!

8. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Hi Chimay,

I try to abstain from posting any links here but here's a screen print from the SB website. There are also some modular pouch options from Sneaky Bags. Jon shows the Universal Inserts on his store: LINK

[​IMG]

mbakes and T.H.Cone like this.
  9. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Hopefully "soft launch colors: Black and med Navy" means that at some point it will be available in some earth tones or at least gray.

thePlumbah likes this.
  10. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

I finally got some new gray fabric in and coyote too but man we are slammed with USG contracts that requires the coyote. I bought 600 yards last week and was told this AM that we need more.

Anyway I did have it in gray and coyote during the first production but didn't get far 'cos the Canadian distributor took 'em all. I promise to make these available as soon as I can.

T.H.Cone likes this.
  11. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

HELM the pouches in the picture middle row, middle and right picture, those arent SB pouches are they? Not seeing those anywhere.

12. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Yes they are. They are new pouches that we just got done. They're called Matroskya pouches after those Russian nesting dolls 'cos these come in sets of 4, each one a size smaller. I will have a video of this done very shortly with additional information and prices. Hang tight.

cowsmilk likes this.
  13. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Chimay, got the draft video on the Matroskya pouches done. I'm putting the link below but it is still being processed.

thePlumbah and T.H.Cone like this.
  14. mbakes

mbakes Loaded Pockets

Thanks. Too small but I am looking at the Covert Rifle Bag in small but it looks like they are out of stock at the moment.

15. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

:frantic: HELM Shut up and take my money. Now I just have to decide if I like that bag. Any other colors planned? Green maybe? I'd do coyote too I think. But a darkish earthy green would be nice. That blue may grow on me... I definitely want some pouches. Go ahead and send a set to JonSidneyB so I can buy them.

Edit: Any reason there aren't zipper pockets at each of the seems on the front of the bag? My only hold up on the bag is there's only 2 external pockets then the ccw pocket. Any way to run a hydration hose out of the ccw pocket?

Last edited by Chimay, Sep 4, 2014
    HELM and thePlumbah like this.
  16. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Chimay I'll pass your question to my design partner Dan. He's the gent who started Sneaky Bags and does most of the design for SB. And I'll check on the hose question too.

17. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I will be getting with Helm on these very very soon.

Quantum, thePlumbah and T.H.Cone like this.
  18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Some very 'poutside the box' thinking on those :) I like the CCW opening on both sides, and the use of velco on both walls of the compartment, the shoulder strap right down the middle for ease of carry on either side.
    Also the aattachment for the Matroskya pouches. Unlike anything I've ever seen. :)

Chimay likes this.
  19. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Thanks thePlumbah :)

Chimay - Dan got back to me and this is what he had to say. Keep in mind that the Nautilus was designed to be a weapons bag first and foremost.

"Only way to run hose would be to leave a compartment open slightly.
    The bag has few external pockets to ensure its not a snag hazard as well as making it easy to find weapons quickly.
    If the only things to fumble for are weapons compartment zipper pulls, you are likely to actually find them quickly under stress.
    Contrast this with a bag that has a gazillion external entry points to choose from.
    Simple is better in this application."

thePlumbah, Chimay and T.H.Cone like this.
  20. fourxfour

fourxfour Loaded Pockets

I am a big fan of the nautilus. It looks perfect for an AR pistol project I have and possibly some non-firearms projects.

Helm - I watched the video on the matroskya pouches. I love the design, I'm just not sure what I would use them for. What was the intention of the design? Do you have any pics of some more items in them?

Thanks