1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just Jeans

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by ArkansasFan30, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

Since discovering Hiut jeans I wear none of my others, not the cheapest around but the quality is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. elad96

elad96 Loaded Pockets

Try Levi Denizen Jeans, I have two pair Athletic Fit and Relaxed Fit.Really deep Pockets.Target carries them.

3. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Anyone tried Mott & Bow?

4. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Seems like they're price was excessive for the product if I recall correctly.

Mudinyeri likes this.
  5. PreparedCitizen

PreparedCitizen Loaded Pockets

I wear Levi 505 stretch. I never liked denim or jeans before I got these jeans. Now I absolutely love wearing them. Super comfortable!

6. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

My last five or six pairs have come from either LL bean or Van Heusen retail stores.

LL Bean has my favorite cotton dress pants, as I have a odd-numbered inseam. I have tried several of their jeans over the years. You get accurate sizing, fine quality, etc. Thoroughly adequate.

My favorite jeans for much of the last decade has been Van Heusen. They seem to change producers, fits, weights, etc. on a regular basis. That said, I have been paying $20 a pair and get bummed out when they finally wear out. They are not high performance, just basic denim Jean cut trousers that do what you want, wear in well and easily replaced.

7. skukuza

skukuza Loaded Pockets

Wrangler.

8. ArkansasFan30

I ended up going with more Eddie Bauer flex fit straight jeans finding something than fit appropriately around my evolving body. For a sharp fit, I need to get them hemmed to my odd length legs. Bunched pant legs look bad and are essentially unused weight one must carry around. However, I find there to be little consistency in the sizes with EB with respect to pants. With shirts, they're spot on so I buy most of my shirts and sweaters from them. On their jackets, they have crap for zippers. I'm not sure why they can't switch over to YKK like any "good" garment.

9. samiam2714

samiam2714 Loaded Pockets

Barbell apparel relaxed fit should do the trick. They are expensive though. But they are worth it. Since spandex is incorporated into the material they move with you. And wear like iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

I'm late to this but I remember from a LONG while ago you were on my Raw Denim thread!! I have to just mention this because I am friends with the owner. Check out www.zaceusa.com. He's a local guy making really great work-oriented USA raw denim. Great fits and really cool features. Pricey but you get what you pay for and so much more. Attached are a few pics of my personal pair in the middle of a good break in . Not for everybody but check em out!![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

kye4some likes this.
  11. sselva

sselva Empty Pockets

+1 for Denizen by Levi's and 505, really confortable . Good for concealled carry and for active daily use

12. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Well, my wife got me a pair of the Mott & Bow for Christmas. After a few wearings, I'm going to tend to agree that the price (she paid) is excessive for the product. The material is very thin. They certainly aren't intended for work. One nice thing about them is that the waist has some stretch to it. This works well for IWB concealed carry, i.e. I can have jeans that fit and still carry IWB. There's no need to size up the waist ... and everything else.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  13. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

My Levi's 569s, in conjunction with a good leather belt and holster, are very pro-gun.:D

Glock1097 likes this.
  14. ArkansasFan30

569s are super baggy. seems like a lot of extra weight and flappiness to carry around. i think i wore 550s in high school for a while and reflecting back they were really baggy. you could carry a rifle on your leg in those and be concealed lol.

15. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

569s are weird. Like there are different kinds of 569s.

I NEVER buy a pair without trying them on. My wife brought me home a couple pairs that had HUGE back pockets and were super baggy, kinda gansta style jeans.

The 569s I wear are looser in seat and thighs than say 501s or 505s, but not really baggy.

I was shopping for jeans last week and thought I'd try some different styles. The ones that made me chuckle were the "athletic fit" 541s. My wife asked why I was chuckling.
    I pointed at the "athletic fit" sign, then at the pair of jeans at the top of the pile that were size 40x30.:rofl:

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  16. ArkansasFan30

Hey aren't sumo wrestlers athletes too? LOL.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17. samiam2714

samiam2714 Loaded Pockets

Its called a power belly. Strongmen have them. Besides sumo wrestlers could never fit a pair of 40’s. More like 50’s and 28 long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. ArkansasFan30

#fatstrong

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

samiam2714 likes this.