1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just Jeans

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by ArkansasFan30, Oct 9, 2017.

1. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

So for you guys that are denim informed, can you help me out with some jeans?

Here's the rub, I want loose without looking or being too baggy. In other words, I don't want the pants to hug my flesh. I have some sensory issues with that type of thing and become frustrated with reduced mobility and pocket space.

I'm growing. I started strength training in July with some noticeably increased muscle and of course some fat. I've tried going up in pant size, but the waist is too loose and awkward and the seat and thighs are still too snug with my Eddie Bauer straight fits.

I don't care about trends. I like comfortable yet appropriate.

Please help if you can.

2. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I really like the texas brand. Made here and made right . I believe they are made a little looser .
    Give them a look

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  3. ArkansasFan30

Never heard of them. Thanks. What cut do you get?

4. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Does it have to be jeans? Otherwise, try mascot pants. Or fjalraven

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

5. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Fjallraven pants are incredibly popular with overweight people because of the loose fit and the stretch many models have, not sure if you can justify their cost if you are not the outdoorsy type or are just beef from training as opposed to obese.

If you are looking for for jeans tho i can only recommend you try some different ones. Even different specimens from the same brand and model model can fit different. I'm an avid cyclist giving me beefy odd shaped legs. There's a couple models i know that fit me well but when i want something different i just hit a jean store and have the sales persons do their thing. The stores i visit generally have surprisingly competent people working there.

6. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I just get the regular, but they they are fine jean . Give them a call , super friendly

7. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

8. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

I have more than a few pairs of jeans, including my previous favorite TAD Intercepts.
    A powerlifting coworker (I'm not a powerlifer, lol) recommended a pair of jeans from the American Eagle store in our local mall. I'm not a small guy at 6'1" and 230, so I was skeptical of the teenage store. They're awesome.
    Great stretch, good/deep pockets and they wear nicely. Look for the 'flex' jeans.
    For +/- $30 I recommend you at least try a pair on.

9. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

The only jeans I've wore for the past 15 years are Levi's 527. Haven't found anything that fits me better.

Non denim would be "Dickie's Industrial Regular Fit Straight Leg Iconic Pant" which is a mouthful of a name but a very specific style they make that isn't easy to find. They're similar to the traditional Dickie's 874 but with a lower rise waist and less baggy in the butt/crotch/thigh and straight leg instead of tapered. They're amazing, I just wish they came in more than 3 colors.

10. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

I just got a couple of pairs of Levis 559 relaxed Straight - Stretch. Love them. The stretch makes them super comfortable. They wear (and look) like regular jeans but with way better mobility. Even the watch pocket has some stretch (I carry a space pen Nitecore TI and a Leatherman Squirt).

Not sure what your "sensory issues" are, but perhaps a different cut with the stretch...

11. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I bought some Levi's 501 from a rare visit to a Costco. Took them home fitted like they were tailored. Bought some 501s (same fit) from Amazon. Fitted like they I was half man half potato. Dodgy pair? Nope - another pair fitted exactly the same. Tried a pair at TK Maxx, still didn't fit well but different from the Amazon pair. Some were made in turkey, another pair was in Mexico (or china) but since looking, even if they're made in the same country, differences can occur.

Put a couple of hours aside and go to a Levi's shop and try on lots.

12. CIVSD

CIVSD Loaded Pockets

For jeans I wear Carhartt carpenter pants. Their pocket configuration holds all my EDC gear and there is plenty of room in them.

13. ArkansasFan30

Tried that! No dice.