1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just got Jetbeam RRT-0

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Lord Bear, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Looks like JetBeam didn't bother to beta test this light.

They make some really good lights. (Military model being my favorite).

But the RRT-0 seems to have a couple of bugs in it.

2. sed6

sed6 Loaded Pockets

I the one who posted the video of the RRT-0 with the very pronounced preflash. I sent it back to Ethan at LightJunction.com (a fantastic person and place to work with) for replacement. He wrote me and informed me that all his RRT-0's on hand had the pronounced preflash. :( So I cancelled my RRT-0 dreams and am having him send me a Jet-III PRO ST BVC instead. :smitten:

3. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

sed6, I ended up with the same decision regarding the Jetbeam RRT-0. Sent it back and requested the Jet-III PRO ST BVC. Yup, through Lightjunction and Ethan. Coinkidink? ;) When I replaced my first RRT-0, I had really been hoping for one of the "unnoticeably low preflash" that some lucky guys ended up with. Not to be for me. I too gave up on the control ring thing. Would've probably otherwise ended up with all 3 Raptors eventually. I went through the whole thread where you and the guy with the low preflash were sort of arguing until the evidence of the videos made all realize there were truly HIGH preflashes as well as lower ones on CPF. Clinched the decision for me. I must really thank you for posting that video. :ty:

4. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

By the way if Jetbeam and Nitecore come out with another generation and the preflash issue is SOLVED, I WILL probably give them another shot. :popcorn:

5. Nocam

Nocam Loaded Pockets

Flavio said the new shipment should arrive in a week or two, I wonder if that means Jetbeam will have addressed the preflash issue? I am looking to replace my Clicky for this light. The ability to use AA and CR123's is just so awesome to me.

6. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

One may only hope. :popcorn:

7. skassam

skassam Loaded Pockets

I just got my rrt-0 from Ethan @ LightJunction.com

His current stock has updated circuitry to address the battery issue. But I also have not noticed any preflash on mine either. Dont know if the preflash was intentionally fixed in the update or if I just got lucky.

BTW, I love the ring UI. I have a EX10 R2, NEX R2, a Mini 123. Right now the RRT-0 is my favorite.

8. wacbzz

wacbzz Loaded Pockets

For you guys that have this light, do you also have the AA extension? If so, does it work as advertised? The ability to do away with my Jet II Pro and my Jet I Pro and go with one option makes mucho sense to me.

9. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

I heard that this light is hard on batteries short runtimes.

10. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

:woohoo: Received the new and improved Jetbeam RRT-0 from Lightjunction tonight! NO pre-flash! New (I guess) standard OP reflector, means no more "rings of Saturn". Candlestands perfectly without any wobble! This one tastes great AND is less filling. O0 Great job Jetbeam. I had returned the old one for full credit through Lightjunction without any problems or hassles when I explained my reasons. O0 Lightjunction. Of course I used that excuse to get another light, (the Jet lll Pro), natch. I waited and kept tabs on this model since if the problems were fixed, I wanted one. Now they are. If the former hoopla has been holding you back, wait no longer. I highly recommend Lightjunction since they offer 12% discount. (Use CPF12 coupon code). Oh by the way the new circuitry fixed the RCR123 cutoff issue also.

11. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Yes. Have extension but not Eneloops or other AA rechargeables. I just use lithium AA primaries. Slightly less lumens, doesn't seem to affect the throw. Perhaps someone else who does use rechargeables can address this issue. The instruction booklet only mentions rechargeables in RCR123A format.