1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Just found the bag of my dreams... Maybe...

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by waldamir, Aug 8, 2014.

1. waldamir

waldamir Loaded Pockets

I've gone through a lot of packs looking for the perfect one for me and I think I might have found it. I was scouring the internet looking at the Tactical Tailor/MSM adapt pack and during my search I came across the Mystery Ranch ASAP. I've been drooling over the design but I have a few concerns. I think it may be too large for my needs. According to the site it's 16"x10"x6", which is perfect but on some reviews I've read, the measurements have been up to 19"x11.5"x8" which is too large for me. For the price I don't want to just spring for it and take the risk of it be another bum pack that I return. Does anyone know what the actual measurements are? Or even a comparison picture with other packs like the synapse 19?

Thank you for your time.

2. waldamir

waldamir Loaded Pockets

No one can confirm the size?

3. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

I just got an ASAP and the measurements are a bit varied depending on how you load it. Id say mine is about 19 x 10-12 x 6-8, with the variation coming from if you load it up with wide things or bulky things.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  4. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

I also have an ASAP but I'm traveling without a tape measure (but do have the scale on the back of my old black anodized crimper Leatherman.

It is very hard to measure because it takes on almost a cylindrical shape. Somehow that, and the Tri-zip really make this pack work. The length might seem a bit long but it's also deceptive because of the amazing harness.

It's a really different pack, I think you'll love it, I sure do.

5. waldamir

waldamir Loaded Pockets

It is a very different pack which is what worries me about it. I don't want to drop $200+ dollars just to find out its too large. based on the specs from MR's website it's about the same size as my synapse 19 but then I'm told its much bigger than that. So I'm not sure what to do

6. Heavyduti

Heavyduti Banned

It's really not a big pack at all, their 3DAP is much bigger. The ASAP is unique in my experience, a great small pack which lends itself to customizing with various pouches or going as-is while still very comfortable.

MikeM likes this.
  7. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I can confirm that it is not a very large pack, exactly why I bought it, I pack conservative and I want a full blown suspension pack that was small. I originally ordered the Spartan, but it did not accept the Stick-it panel very well, I also thought I would be able to get along with out a few smaller pockets. Long story short is I sent it back and exchanged it for an ASAP, I couldn't be happier.