1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

JUNK's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by JUNK, Apr 4, 2011.

1. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I've been wanting to get my hands on a really nice spyderco. I need to sell some of my other knives first to get the funds together... The UKPK looks nice and simple.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  2. Websniper

Websniper Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to find myself one of those!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  3. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

Liking the SogZilla and the Luminox.

4. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

Hey JUNK,

how did you make those custom kydex holders? Thanks

ManVsLawn likes this.
  5. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

It's pretty easy but takes a little bit of time. My buddy bought some sheets of kydex and those little brass rivets so just cut a small piece to shape and went at it. He made a little temporary press for some knife sheaths but for small items like this I have found it easier to put on a pair of gloves and form it by hand. I used a heat gun to get kydex in a deformable state. The hardest part was to get just the right amount of tension to keep the objects in place - but not too tight... The flashlight snaps right in with the increased diameter on the very end...

Trying to think of some other cool ideas...

ManVsLawn likes this.
  6. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    IMG_20110506_152048 by dajunker1, on Flickr

Thanks - Have since replaced the Sogzilla with the Tenacious. I really prefer it a lot. A much better knife in my opinion.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  7. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

ManVsLawn likes this.
  8. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Threw the Orient on a bracelet to dress it up a bit... Came off of a Seiko as I really didn't like the one with the polished portions that came with it. I love this watch as it is a simple design, not too big, 200m, & screw down crown & caseback. Also it is quartz and cheap. I never could get used to the accuracy of mechanicals. Would love to get a watchadoo style or jubilee. Really want a quartz seiko diver though. Anybody have one they want to get rid of?

[​IMG]
    IMG_20110531_092429 by dajunker1, on Flickr

ManVsLawn likes this.
  9. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

ManVsLawn likes this.
  10. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Congratz on the Spyderco and glad to see it turned back up!

Did you make your IlluminaTi kydex sheath yourself, or did someone else make it for you?

ManVsLawn likes this.
  11. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

Nice items in your edc. I particularly like the wallet as I own the same one. currently I am breaking in my small wallet in chestnut. How do you like the illuminaTi?

12. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I was really glad that it turned up. Great knife for the price. Already looking for another Spyderco or maybe a Benchmade. Yeah I made the little keychain holder while making a sheath for my Anza fixed blade. It's still in use as it allows me to yank it off quickly for use if I need to. Also, I was a little concerned with the attachment point and didn't want to loose the light.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  13. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Yeah the Saddleback wallets are great. Definitely the best made I have owned. Mine is the narrow wallet and started off as a tobacco brown. It was really light to start off and is getting much darker. Yeah the IlluminaTI is a really nice and bright light that has really held up despite dropping it frequently...

ManVsLawn likes this.
  14. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

great pics of the Saddleback Narrow wallet.

im looking to get the tobacco brown color. its nice to see how well it ages.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  15. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Yeah it definitely breaks in well. I really want to pick up the small wallet as well. I originally could not decide between the two, but I had been using a Slim Clip for almost two years and found that my cards get a little too much wear being constantly exposed.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  16. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

It's been a while since I've posted my daily carry items. Being the cheapskate I am, I'm a Craigslist fiend. I's paid off on some sweet deals on the two new knives and watch pictured. Still working on building my knife collection.

[​IMG]
    IMG_20120515_183615 by dajunker1, on Flickr

ManVsLawn and gmgalmeida like this.
  17. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Hey just wanted to share some new goodies... My flashlights in the previous pic were taken away by tsa in Mexico :)censored:!) on a recent trip so had to be replaced. Also picked up a new knife. This thing is solid!

Also added is an Atwood keyton to replace my brewzer. Peter is a great guy and I can see why these are so sought after.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ManVsLawn likes this.
  18. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I hope your good deals on Craigslist off-set the flashlight thefts for the sake of "passenger safety". I look at it as part of the cost of travel, but it can still be frustrating.

What is the cylindrical metal object next ot your wallet in the last picture?

ManVsLawn likes this.
  19. JUNK

JUNK Loaded Pockets

Hey jag-engr.... I know I was shocked as flashlights in the US are never an issue. That's my new AA flashlight. It's a jetbeam something or other.... I just didn't like the cr123s of my old light.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

20. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

They're probably not an issue in Mexico either, but the agent likely 1) had insufficient training, or 2) wanted the flashlights. I'd lean toward number 2. I'm sure TSA has illegally confiscated flashlights in this country, too. EDCF member 0dBm once posted about being questioned about a flashlight at an airport.

CR123 batteries were THE battery at one time, but newer emitters and newer circuits can milk a decent current out of even off-the-shelf AA cells. The wide-spread availability of AA cells makes them a great choice, especially for travelers.