1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

joined the TAD cult

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by dms, Feb 7, 2014.

1. dms

dms Loaded Pockets

Got the Litespeed today and can tell you I am impressed. I did a large amount of reading and research and this bag is at the next level in terms of quality and construction. I read it's heavy - I don't agree, durable yes, but it's not a plastic grocery bag. It feels good on, great adjustments, and really like the velcro to keep the straps flopping to a minimum. I can see what all the interest is in TAD. Good stuff for sure!
    [​IMG]

Nighted, phil_kelly, GMArthur and 5 others like this.
  2. camit34

camit34 Loaded Pockets

Nice! Congrats!

3. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

Very nice.. The light speed is one of my favorites of their designs.. I just wish they had them in stock more regularly.

4. hunter s gatherer
    • In Omnia Paratus

hunter s gatherer EDC Junkie!!!

What's going to be your primary venue for the bag? EDC or in the boonie? Urban/sub for me so decided to go with a less tac look.
    I don't think most folk in my area would care about the look, but LEO might give me a second glance since we have a lot of CCW here.

5. Highway9
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Highway9 Loaded Pockets

You don't think it is heavy? Get back to us after you put some gear in it. I do agree that it wears well though.

6. dms

dms Loaded Pockets

It will be urban EDC. I like that it is a smaller athletic profile. I know there are lighter packs, but I don't intend to really weight it down with what I will have it on a daily basis. I ordered a OP1, I like the slim discreet look.

Heavyduti and Highway9 like this.
  7. gatorjake

gatorjake Loaded Pockets

Awesome bag. Now time to get some of tad's sweet patches to fill up that velcro strip.

8. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I've had my Litespeed for three days now. Haven't had a chance to load it up or add any patches yet. So far I really like it though!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

9. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

I'm with you. Mine came in a week ago and the office might never see my trizip again.

10. GMArthur

GMArthur Loaded Pockets

I've been using mine as a "work bag" for three years now. Basically I work 12 hour days and anything I might need in that time goes in the bag. It has also done double duty as my hiking/fishing bag in the summer months. It has held up extremely well. Not a stitch or seam or buckle has failed. Wears very nice and comfy, best shoulder straps around. Good luck with yours.

11. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

In my opinion the two cannot be compared. They are two totally different bags. I like my trizip way more than I liked my lightspeed.

12. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Oh, I am absolutely keeping my trizip -- I love it, too, and the volume difference means I've got a place for both of them. When I'm traveling/hiking/whatever and the trizip is partly stuffed with clothes it is one thing. When I'm using it as an office bag and it has a 17" MBP and files and I've overloaded it with everything dense it is quite another. I've got a bad shoulder and a bad habit of slinging bags only over the good one (which seems to happen more often the heavier the bag). Bought the litespeed as a way of forcing myself to carry less to and from the office each day.