1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Jingle-Jangle-Jingle-Jangle. Does the jingling of your hanging keys annoy you?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Koto, May 19, 2014.

?

Does the jangling of your keychain annoy you?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. Don't really notice or care

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

one too many things in my pocket to notice if it's the keys or something else. thought about carrying options, but they will only increase the bulk. there are some nice leather or metal key holders that should eliminate the jingle.. but with pry bar, and zippo along with folder clip to the edge.. not to mention money clip.. it might reduce the noise, but won't get rid of it for me.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It may be a personal trait or a UK thing,, but if somebody is walking towards me with keys hanging by his side then I have a compelling desire to either cross the road or stand with my back to the wall,,,,,,, a culture difference I guess :unsure:

Nick4305 likes this.
  3. Heywood Floyd

Heywood Floyd Loaded Pockets

I prefer to make no more noise than is necessary. So when it comes to keys, thankfully there are few carried in my repertoire, they are usually LM Modded Micra kennelled or shackled together in silence.
    Here's a collage showing my words…
    [​IMG]

Sheepdog149, RLC44, Dr. Bahn and 2 others like this.
  4. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

It annoys me a little bit, but I only hear it when I'm wearing dress pants. My jeans fit tighter and keep my keys pretty quiet. I've gotten into the habit of covering my key pocket with my hand while I walk to quiet the noise.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Not annoyed at all. You get used to them hanging there.

vinniec5 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  6. Hartigan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hartigan EDC Junkie!!!

I have the "luck" that I just need three keys (except the car-key and when I'm at work ;)) and YES the "jingling" of my keys annoys me, so I test the KeySmart.

[​IMG]
    Keys 31 5 14 von Hartigan69 auf Flickr

Have it a few days now and I'm very excited. Great idea and NO "jingling" !!!!

Heywood Floyd likes this.
  7. Darius Rk

Darius Rk Empty Pockets

I went to the hardware store today inspired by Ironside's post. Its not quite as pretty nor real leather (I'm gonna get some ASAP), but works. My Hardware store also didn't sell appropriately sized nylon washers, so I settled with rubber for now. Im a HS student, so my normal keychain is pretty minimal, but the gerber multi-plier lives hidden in my bag for when its convenient.
    The USB and cheap-:censored: laser pointer/torch can be clipped on if I know I need to present in front of the class that day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. jacala

jacala Empty Pockets

This is my "Key Suspension System" -hangs in my rhs pocket. Usually 5.11 Taclite Pros. I have been carrying my keys like this for about 5 years.Hasn't worn a hole in my pocket yet! :)
    It works for me!

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

In curious. What image does this convey to you?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Culture difference

Why do you ask?

11. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

I recently bought a KeySmart. It holds 5 "house" keys and one smaller office-drawer key.

UPDATE: I've been using the Keysmart for a few weeks now. I like it a lot. It makes for a compact, sleek, key carry and the jangling of my keychain is significantly reduced. I did find it necessary to buy the KeySmart expansion kit, which consists of additional washers and 2 threaded spacers. I had only 5 keys, but I could not get 2 keys, one washer and the KS key ring loop to fit. In other words, the aggregate thickess was too great to allow the screws to bite. Since buying the expansion kit, however, it's been great.

I carry my car key & fob, the KeySmart, a small titanium whistle and a mini capsule on a Metolius carabiner. I removed a quark mini 123 Ti and gerber dime from my key ring. I carry a flashlight, folder and pen in my cargo pockets, and I didn't want to overload my key ring with duplication. Between being at the office, at home or in/near my car, I can always access a multi tool.

Last edited by w2edv, Jun 19, 2014
  12. sagenodland

sagenodland Loaded Pockets

I don't have many keys, but I do know that it does annoy me when I hear others keys jingle. Any continuous noise for that matter especially on backpacks.

13. Gallows
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gallows EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have my vehicle key on a ring by itself and the rest of my keys on a pickpocket in my pocket. No noise.