1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Jig-a-loo Spray Lubricant

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by sandbasser, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sandbasser

sandbasser Loaded Pockets

I'm always on the lookout for new lubricants. Anybody have any experience with this product?

2. wykeite

wykeite Loaded Pockets

Sounds like it might be based on Castor oil :luck:

3. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

[quote link=topic=10980.msg135521#msg135521 date=1188839798]
    Sounds like it might be based on Castor oil :luck:
    [/quote]

Nope. Here's a link to a description. It's from Canada.

More from www.strangenewproducts.com:

"Jig-A-Loo Spray Lube

by Steve, Thursday, October 26, 2006

...a silicone-based lubricant that can be used to lube just about anything that you might lube with WD-40.

...marketed as the alternative to other household lubricants in that it contains no oil, grease, wax or detergent and will not stain or drip. It's also colorless, odorless, non-stick, and wonderful aroma. It can be used on wood, metal, plastic, leather, and fabrics.

Apparently, the stuff has been around for a long time, but not in the consumer market. In the 1990s the company, Jig-A-Loo World, launched it for consumer sales in Canada. They say they managed to take away 50% of the market share from WD-40 there in the Great North.

Now, they're ready to attack the States. Jig-A-Loo is supposedly making its way to store shelves in most True Value stores and eventually in every big-box hardware and home improvement stores."

Karen

4. sandbasser

sandbasser Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the comments... I actually saw some at a nearby Wal-Mart (automotive dept) - generously sized spray can - reasonable price, and from the testimonials on the website it looks interesting - almost too good to be true. So, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it for lubing folding knives, multi-tools, flashlights and other edc items.

Any more comments???

5. wykeite

wykeite Loaded Pockets

OK some attempts at humour like this one falls flat. It does however sound very much like Armor All and other valeting products. As for WD40 it's probably the most overrated product on the market, must be one of the biggest cons going :mad:

6. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

From the comments at the Strange New Products site:

"How can it be orderless, and have a wonderful aroma at the same time?"

and,

"It does waterproof and has some industrial applications... but it is the most flammable product ever tested; it contains chlorine ethylene, which will be banned in the US next year. It does not do a great job stopping squeaks...contains no teflon. Be careful, not recommended."

Here's the website: http://www.jigaloo.com

(also, for those tempted to take offense to the name for it's vague similarity to a particular kind of slang, please remember that the world doesn't necessarily revolve around the U.S., and archaic American slang is not only meaningless these days to many people within, but especially and even more so outside U.S. borders)

7. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

WD40 is not a lubricant, it's a solvent. Next time you need to remove glue, oil, gooey stuff, try WD40.

Jig a loo is crap from my experience. Regular can of silicone spray that's half the price work just as well if not better.

8. greptile

greptile Loaded Pockets

Avoiding the temptation to make a joke here...

I've become quite fond of White Lightning Epic. It's designed to keep a bike chain clean and lubricated regardless of weather and has the most unusual property of rejecting dirt.

I can't think of any other way of putting it... If something is gummed up with grit it not only gets it moving again but cleans it out at the same time and keeps it clean. It's not petroleum based so I've even used it on plastics and it's worked well.

Nice little product.