1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Jet beam rrt-01 vs thrunite neutron 2c v3

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by adamargue, Dec 24, 2019.

1. adamargue

adamargue Loaded Pockets

I have been trying to pick I light to get myself for “Christmas” and I am stuck between these two. I can find lots of reviews for both lights saying they are both fantastic.

I dig the jetbeam with the selector ring. Seems super intuitive and quick to get where you want but non usb rechargeable without removing the battery and seems to have a shortish run time.

I like the neutron as well that has usb recharge right on the outside of the light and a wide verity of batteries available so run times are better. I don’t mind the button on the neutron but doesn’t seem as intuitive a operation as the jetbeam. Not bad just not as simple as turning it up or down.

I’ve been going back and fourth for a few days and was hoping someone has experience with both lights and can help me decide. Thanks and merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

LOL. We must be looking at the same reviews. I'm convinced that many of the prime reviewers all get products to review at about the same time... and btw, my favorite guy is Nick Shabazz..

Anyway. I have the Thrunite Neutron 2c v3 which yes, I bought in large part on the strength of his review. I'm quite happy with it. He recently reviewed the JetBeam product and no question he is an avowed. fan of it. I can understand why. The rotary selector ring seems intuitively sensible as well as faster than the button on the Thrunite; the button simply is a slower response.

I've thought of also getting the JetBeam but to be honest I don't have a need for another light. I would though, if I did not have the Thrunite, go with the JetBeam because of this feature.

Hope this helps you.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

NorthernHarrier likes this.
  3. adamargue

adamargue Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply Nicks reviews are usually pretty insight full but he likes both so it makes it difficult to choose when I can’t go Down to the store and hold each light. I like the quick and efficient use in the Jetbeam maybe I’ll just go with that.

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Yes, he does like the Thrunite. But that preceded his review of the Jetbeam. In his review of the Jetbeam he was very explicit that he prefers the rotary switch. Can't say I blame him! He did have some issues with the clip; the light 'color'; the mode of recharge; and that it has less battery options than the Thrunite. And yet.... it seems his bottom line was the rotary switch meant he considered the product a 'Gem'...

Just wish now I had not pulled the trigger on the Thrunite so quick!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. adamargue

adamargue Loaded Pockets

The rotary switch seems so fool proof. I’ve never owned a high-ish end light I like that my current light (just some random amazon light that came in a cheap combo kit) has “zoom” capability so if I need a lot of throw I can use it. This isn’t something I see on nice lights so I am wondering how a good light looks with kind of a combo beam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk