1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

jeepsrjason's EDC thread

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by jeepsrjason, May 1, 2013.

1. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Howdy,

I've put this off for far to long!:)

First a long story. I received my first pocket knife when I was seven from my godfather. It was a mother of pearl Case something or other. It was taken from me, by my parents, after they had discovered I had slashed the back of the sofa only a few days after receiving the knife. I was pretty upset! I didn't know anything about knives, clearly not even how to properly use it, but, I knew I loved them! Later, I discovered how useful they are and how to properly use them, most of the time, usually when people were looking.:D

At about 13 years old I constantly had a knife on me. I switched back and forth from carrying SAKs to random hunting-ish knives. Luckily for me I grew up in the days when you could bring a knife to school!!!:cool: So, at 13 I was living in upstate NY. One of my favorite pastimes in the winter, apparently, was running across the Titicus reservoir when it was frozen. After falling through the ice a few times my knife became invaluable, using it to pull myself out! Even though I had never been a Boyscout, I knew I needed to be prepared! Thus began the start of my EDC items! Though of course, at the time, I had no idea what EDC was.

At 15 I received my first wallet and my first watch. I'm pretty sure I started carrying Chapstick around then too! Then at 17 I got my first car, and had to carry keys. Like most folks I soon discovered the awesomeness that is the caribiner!!!:D I also bought my first "real" folder... a Gerber EZ Out! I loved that knife. Soon I graduated and went to a military college, Valley Forge Military College. Since I was moving away from home I was given a beeper/pager!!!:eek:It was 1995, gimme a break! So I had keys, beeper, wallet, chapstick and knife... EDCing to the max!:) After the first year of school I volunteered for and was sent to the US Army Airborne school in Ft. Benning, GA! While there I visited the PX a LOT and discovered I could get my coveted EZ Out for about half the price. I bought 20! Seriously, I bought 20!! I also discovered new knife brands and bought a few of those, SOG, Kershaw, etc.

Fast forward about ten years, I'm into Jeeps... big time! I'm EDCing all kinds of stuff. I wanna say towards the end of 2005 I stumble upon Bladeforums. I didn't join, I just started reading about knives and I discovered Benchmade and Spyderco. I had actually seen those brands here and there in knife stores and thought it was crazy people would spend sooo much money on a pocket knife! They sure where neat though. I finally convinced myself to buy a Spyderco Endura. I was instantly in love! But, I was also never going to use it because it was SO expensive!:rolleyes_revamped: So, using idiot logic, I bought a bunch of Byrd knives and carried them for awhile. I broke a few and gave a few away. Started carrying my Endura exclusively and never looked back.

Late 2006 I started doing searches for "best backpack" because I detonated the rear axle and drive shaft of my jeep while offroading it and I had to hike 8 miles to get to the main road! In my searches I came across EDCF! I didn't join... I was too heavily involved in many Jeep forums to even think about joining another. I found a lot of good info and bought a Camelbak BFM. Around the same time I suffered an injury that changed my life!! I got better but it took a whole year! During that time I made some big decisions. I enlisted in the Army!

Around 2009 I knew I was deploying to Afghanistan. I was a medic... A line medic or combat medic is the more common term. I had been with my current unit for a year and I had a constant concern... During training we would go on 3 day missions. Everybody had an issued 3 day assault pack! You put 3 days of gear in there. Fine! Well, I also have a HUGE aid bag! where does that go??? Also, not as serious, I was stationed in Italy and needed an EDC bag for travel! I got so much info and great advice from EDCF I had to join. So I joined the most amazing forum ever... EDCForums!!!

At first I just thought of this forum as all the rest... Over the years I discovered that this forum is something special! Not just because of it's content, EDC stuff, but because of it's members. Everyone here is nice, genuine and just GREAT! All the previous forums I've been a member of, I learned a lot but the atmosphere is pretty lame to down right awful. I love that here I can do a quick search, find nothing, post a question and I don't get 9 responses telling me to, "do a search you idiot!" I get thoughtful responses telling me just what I needed to know! Everyone is so genuine, nice and caring! Oh, and people give you stuff for free!!!! DAAAANG I love it here!!!!

So with out any more jabbering some pix and stuff!:p

PS I traveled to South America... Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia and Peru. I have a thread asking for advice and tips that may help others!!! http://edcforums.com/threads/south-america.105214/

Last edited by jeepsrjason, Oct 28, 2013
  2. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

What's left of my "first" knives. At the top the almighty EZ Outs...
    [​IMG]

First pic of my fixed blades...
    [​IMG]

First pic of all my folders, at the time, that I EDCd...
    [​IMG]

Using my Delica to cut some fresh lemons to put in water bottles in Cinque Terra...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My first keychain setup pic...
    [​IMG]

My MSAR I got because of this forum...
    [​IMG]

My first EDC dump pic...
    [​IMG]

More recent sorta dump...
    [​IMG]

More realistic dumps, plus or minus a few things day by day...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by jeepsrjason, May 7, 2013
  3. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

My first real EDC bag, Lunada, with me and my dad on a boat in Venice...
    [​IMG]

My Lunada on someone else. I have NO idea what's going on in this pic...
    [​IMG]

Another EDC bag setup...
    [​IMG]

My favorite EDC bag until I got the Surge...
    [​IMG]

My current EDC bag...
    [​IMG]

Gallows, sliverhawk, ChrisvK and 13 others like this.
  4. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Some pix of new stuff I've acquired, some things I can't believe I hadn't posted about yet...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Norse Scots
    • In Omnia Paratus

Norse Scots Loaded Pockets

6. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Tease over... Put some stuff up!!!:D

7. 6_String_Jams
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

So....many.....shiny.....objects.... :bounce:

8. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

So I actually lost my light today. I had to take mine and my wife's bikes in today to do a lil tune up of sorts. About an hour after I got home I noticed it was gone. I searched out front for twenty minutes! Then I called the bike shop and asked if they'd found it in or around their store. They had! WOOT!!!
    [​IMG]
    It's gotten quite a nice patina since I got it!

NEW...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOW...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gallows, sliverhawk, sicilcan and 9 others like this.
  9. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Speaking of lights... My top 3 EDC lights...
    [​IMG]

Still trying to figure out if I should neck or keychain carry my D2...
    [​IMG]

10. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Some pix of just my Spartan Horkos...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gallows, Antithetik, MWDP and 10 others like this.
  11. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Checked the mail... Got my new, and only, Bark River knife!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

After playing with my new Barkie a bit... I wish I could of ordered the polished black G10!:confused: Anybody know the best way to polish G10 and hopefully make them MORE black?
    [​IMG]

Also, anyone know what the heck these bumps are in the sheath?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Size comparison with Izula 2...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Nice gear !!

Gallows and jeepsrjason like this.
  14. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thank you!:)

Gallows likes this.
  15. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Beautiful gear and beautiful pictures !! :)

16. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Nice collection of knives. Good to see you got your copper maratac back.

17. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thank you very much!!!:)

Gallows likes this.
  18. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oh man, I was so happy when the man at the bike store said he had it! I was sure he would've said no because he liked it and kept it. Funny/weird thing was, when I went to pick it up, a girl was at the counter. She knew right away what I was there for and was very nice but when she handed me the light, she held it out for me like it was a slimy cat ****** or something! lol
    Thanks for the compliment, BTW!:)

19. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

So what do you like more? Izula or Barkie? The red barkie was a solid call. It looks great with those handles on it.

20. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

Aw man, I don't know!:confused: I bought the Izula2 for my South America trip coming up. I figured since I'm traveling to Peru it would be perfect! And, it kinda is... I love it. However, the Barkie is nicer in some ways... stainless for one! Only having it for a few hours I don't think it's safe to say which is better. I do really like the Barkie, much more than I thought I would. Especially since I don't really like red!:)

Another thing to consider... Which knife should I mold the leather sheath to???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gallows, MWDP, warchild and 7 others like this.