1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Jedi EDC

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Television, May 10, 2011.

1. mrpink

mrpink Banned

that is absolutely insane.

2. Will_Power

Will_Power Loaded Pockets

Six hundred bucks is a STEAL for getting to bo staff light saber cut your foes in half! Sign me up for two!

3. BertTom

BertTom Empty Pockets

That is actually really awesome, but shouldn't it be red?!

4. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

One of the early sith lords (the first one to ever use a double blades lightsaber) had blue blades. I'd prefer this, you could still use it as flashlight:
    http://www.ultrasabers.com/product_p/stunt-darkshock.htm

5. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

what the eff? is that for real? its a joke right. like will the lasers do some damage?

6. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

What exactly would one of these be used/useful for???

7. mrpink

mrpink Banned

******* and rogue jedi first and foremost

8. mrpink

mrpink Banned

its very real.

9. burnd4life

burnd4life Loaded Pockets

Very cool, but my thoughts exactly. Once the novelty of burning through rubber and popping balloons fades do you just have a $600 paper weight?

10. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

Not to mention the idiots who point lasers at landing planes...

11. Mr_Sea-Breeze

Mr_Sea-Breeze Loaded Pockets

What is insane is that you can just go and buy a class 4 laser! These things are very dangerous and can do real harm...

12. mrpink

mrpink Banned

thats what johnny 5 used

13. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

Actually, this thing is incredibly dangerous...I have a laser similar, but that I built myself(only one beam, though. No need for two.), and left it on for a few seconds pointing on the wall. Didn't think a thing of it. Well, next thing I know, there's a hole in my wall. Let me tell you, 1W lasers are no joke. Or toys. I came from laserpointerforums.com to here(where I learned to build high powered lasers, wonderful site, great people.), and there's quite an uproar over this product there, because of its misleading "Darth Maul" type appearance, and the potentially dangerous outcomes. I've had pretty bad burns from my laser, to the point that it's left scars, and this thing is a tad higher powered than even my laser, which is already pretty powerful(~1W). Not to mention there's two beams. Not being the party pooper here...just reminding everyone that this thing isn't exactly something you can "play around with" per se. Have to be careful with this; a much lower powered laser left a pinpoint hole in my retina from when it glanced off of a shiny surface and into my eye as I was removing my laser goggles...so, being a laser enthusiast, just as you guys are EDC enthusiasts, this product makes me very uneasy. I am glad the cost is slightly prohibitive, though. If they really wanted, they could offer this for about $250. I built mine for $120. So I'm glad it's way overpriced in this case.

Sorry for the rant, just felt I needed to get my point across that this is potentially very dangerous. And the people who will probably be buying this product probably wont be wearing their goggles...things that have saved my vision numerous times. Just a swipe across your eyes is all it takes...I was really lucky. And the laser that put the hole in my retina was only about 200mW...a fifth of this laser..not counting the socond beam. And I know that they put warnings on the site, but let's face it- not many people will read those.

Anyway, end of rant. Haha sorry for writing a book, guys.

14. Justinicus

Justinicus Loaded Pockets

You can just go buy a car, can't you? Would you rather get hit by a laser or a car?

15. Scottyzedinosaur

16. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

If I remember right George Lucas has a lawsuit against this company because they are or were marketed as LightSabers. I do remember reading about these in fact it might have been on this forum.

17. Scottyzedinosaur

Yeah...Mr. Lucas did sue. But over the Spyder III arctic pro. Wicked won, though. And I think rightfully so. It wasn't them who called them lightsabers, but the media.

EDIT:
    I'm sorry if any of my earlier posts were condescending in any way. I didn't mean them that way....I just got a tad fired up over this, is all. They seemed a little "know it all" to me when I reread them.

18. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Thank you I stand corrected, didn't know there were others making them.

19. Scottyzedinosaur

Just a different model. Same concept, though. Mr. Lucas thought one of Wicked's designs looked too much like a lightsaber, so he sued. But wicked won because they, in fact, had not declared the product to be a lightsaber anywhere on their website. Personally, I believe this is wicked's attempt to get back at Mr. Lucas, especially making a double handle and calling it the Sith series. A pretty good retaliation, but a dangerous and kind of irresponsible one..