1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Izula Horizontal Mount

Discussion in 'Knives' started by superpacker, Oct 16, 2017.

1. superpacker

superpacker Loaded Pockets

looking for a way a way to horizontally carry my Esee Izula. I like the sheath it comes with but need an attachment method. Heres the issue - I wear thin nylon - NOT wide thick leather belts or riggers belts. Think Bison Designs Original belt or Patagonia Friction belt. It seems like most attachment methods would result in lots of flopping around since they're meant for bigger belts - e.g. Spyderco G Clip. Any suggestions?

2. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

Soft loop

The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: "What good is it?"
    ― Aldo Leopold

3. TheInsideOutsider

TheInsideOutsider Loaded Pockets

I second SeanByrdman' soft loop suggestion. However I think you should do that by getting an Armatus Carry Architect Sheath. I have an original DPX H.E.S.T from when Pelton was partnered with ESEE. The sheath was okish but really limited in regards to what would fit and I was stuck using Paracord. The Architect is a night and day difference in quality and has a more standard hole spacing. If you just want a loop Armatus might sell those separately.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. superpacker

Thanks for the great comments - and this might show my ignorance, but I'm unfamiliar with the soft loop method.

5. superpacker

I looked at Armatus's site - great price on a whole seath system - but also sells soft loops individually. So these loops attach to the existing Esee sheath? Do I need 1 or 2?

#5 superpacker, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  6. Bradg79

Bradg79 Empty Pockets

7. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

One will do- though you could use two if you wanted. Tek-loks are pretty good as well but not as close to your body. Good for me in hot weather if I don't want sweat all over the handle. Also bulkier and not as quick as the loops, but gives you the option of vertical mount as well

8. grub

grub Loaded Pockets

I bought a sheath from

https://joufuu.com/

for my izula and it does both vertical and horizontal carry. Quality is top notch.

9. calvinw

calvinw Loaded Pockets

I just use a Tek-Lok. It adjusts to fit different widths to accommodate different belts. It shouldn’t flop around on a nylon belt. But it does stick out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

His stuff looks real nice. How did you ever come across him? Etsy?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

11. grub

grub Loaded Pockets

Ran across his work over on bladeforums (hope it's ok to mention another forum). I have one for my izula and one for a BK14 both of which are in my EDC rotation.

12. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@grub: I think at one time the rules re other forums were more stringent. Lots of us refer to other forums fairly often these days... IMNSHO, sites like blade forums, fountain pen network, watchuseek, etc., are well enough known that pretending they don't exist would just be foolish! We're all in the same spaces...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Order a Spyderco G Clip. Comes with hardware and you can mount it however you want.