1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Izula 2 Carry Method???

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Justinp, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Justinp

Justinp Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. I've owned my Izula 2 for over a year now and it's always been in my edc bag but I love it so much and want to start carrying it. I've tried the belt clip that comes with it. Vertical and horizontal. I just don't care for it. I work outside and get in and out of multiple vehicles all day and the handle kept getting caught on stuff. I'm currently using the stock sheath in my front pocket where my Leatherman used to be but without a pocket clip I'm scared it's going to slip out. I love a good pocket clip. I've been thinking about making a monkey fist lanyard for it to help keep it in there. Anybody used this method or have any good ideas? Just don't want to lose my favorite knife and it still looks new...which I don't like. Haha. I want to use her.

2. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Take the knife and hold it out in front of you at arm's length, then hold it behind you at arm's length. Cut a lanyard from 550 cord in your favorite color that will be just a tad- a couple of inches- shorter than this length when it's tied to the sheath at one end and has a loop big enough to attach to your belt or loop at the other end. Tie one end to the lanyard and attach the other to your belt or belt loop. Now you have a carry method that is simple, reliable, unobtrusive, quick, and durable. When you need to deploy the knife, you can either grab the knife and yank it in any direction to release it from the sheath - hence the specific length- or you can push the sheath off with your thumb. The sheath hangs at your side out of the way but captive until you need to put the knife back in the sheath. The sheathed knife goes in the pocket, and if it falls out of the pocket the lanyard catches it. The lanyard is also low-profile enough to not catch on much of anything while you're carrying it.

I've carried an Izula, BK14, and BK11 in my front pocket using this method. It works great. It is a little hard on belt loops if you use the yank-to-release method, though.

Justinp likes this.
  3. Justinp

Justinp Loaded Pockets

Thanks man. I'm gonna try this tonight after all the festivities are over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatotherguy likes this.
  4. sc00ts

sc00ts Loaded Pockets

If you're interested at all in belt carry the stock sheath can be easily modified to use a soft loop. Can be oriented a multitude of ways and add a lot of versatility. Sorry for the poor quality pics, I took them real quick while getting ready.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Justinp likes this.
  5. Dombe

Dombe Loaded Pockets

You could attach a long paracord lanyard to the sheath, loop the other end around your belt and tuck it inside waistband .

[​IMG]

Justinp likes this.
  6. Loc-Nar

Loc-Nar Loaded Pockets

I known this an old thread, but I carry mine in a pocket sheath with a small Fenix light.

[​IMG]

Moshe ben David likes this.