1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

IWB Carry

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Elduka, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Elduka

Elduka Loaded Pockets

I always carry a knife on me, my current blade is a Spyderco Tenacious. About a year ago I took a trip to Philadelphia and like always I had my trusty knife clipped to my front right pocket.. lets just say that did not go so well :rolleyes_revamped: . I was harassed over carrying a blade at least thrice through out my day. I decided I had enough.
    Unwilling to simply leave my knife at home, I decided to change the way I carried it instead. I hate the way my larger (not really that big I guess...) pocket knife would ramble about in my pocket, so that was out. I instead turned to something I saw a friend of mine do years before: carrying his blade inside the waist band. Its worn in the front of the pants directly to the (your) right of the button.
    I fell in love with this new carry style! For one thing it frees up tons of space in my pocket for the rest of my EDC and two its super discrete. With my belt buckle positioned the clip it completely vanishes. Its not even uncomfortable! There have been multiple times Ive worked out with it in that position and have barely felt a thing.
    So tell me does anyone else carry in this nontraditional way? If not I urge you to give it a try for a day and tell us how it feels :D

2. JS_603

JS_603 Empty Pockets

I used to carry a Benchmade 710 IWB on my right hip and it worked out nicely. As long as the handle material isn't too grippy and the clip doesn't snag on the belt its great. Also frees up pocket space which is always nice as well.

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I carry my Spyderco Matriarch 2 black FRN @ 1 o'clock:D

4. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I carry fixed blades IWB on a daily basis. I switch between my Spartan Phobos or Fairly's Ti Backpacker. Whichever is chosen goes on my Tactical Tether(a static line attached to the belt so the sheath stays w/you and the blade comes out & it's super comfy because you can move it around if you want) and I'm good to go. If you haven't tried with a small fixed blade I'd encourage you to do so soon.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  5. hunter s gatherer
    • In Omnia Paratus

hunter s gatherer EDC Junkie!!!

Yup, Phillie is not the place of brotherly love it used to be. Course even then I got my head nightsticked once . . .

Elduka likes this.
  6. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

I guess I've never seen the attraction but now that I've tried other things IWB, I guess it would be worth experimenting with even if just to get the pocket back. I think I'd carry a knife IWB sooner than a spare mag.

7. TexasSVT

TexasSVT Loaded Pockets

I am person that has a folder with me anytime I am awake. The only time I carry IWB is at the gym, it stays a lot more secure there than just clipped to my pocket and as you stated it doesn't get as much attention.

8. Havoc

Havoc Loaded Pockets

I carry my fixed blades IWB when I'm in public. I position them at either 3 o'clock with a IWB belt loop or 1-2 o'clock with a tether.

I don't like to advertise that I'm carrying a knife. I recently had an officer follow my girlfriend and I around the mall for two hours then harass me because of my "weapon" clipped to my pocket. This of course happened to be my p-7 suspension clip holding my flashlight. Outside of daggers/autos knives are perfectly legal and I was still getting harassed over a pocket clip. I go completely concealed carry now.

Elduka and ProjeKtWEREWOLF like this.
  9. captain howdy

captain howdy Loaded Pockets

Only time I clip on the pocket is at work. Otherwise casual carry goes deep in the pocket those times I carry smaller knives like my dragonfly or 707 sequel. I've learned less people know the better. There are a majority of people out there who purposely go out of their way to give others a hard time and make people miserable, cops civilians doesn't matter.