1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

I've got a jones for a new .380

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by tower, Apr 24, 2011.

1. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Since the Sig P238 is not Cali legal, and probably never will be, I guess I'll go with the Kahr P380.

2. Gonzzo

Gonzzo Loaded Pockets

Hey there:

Thought you should know that you are not married to the kahr, i found a taurus tcp in like new condition for sale and legally own it now. The mouse guns are out there, just look on the web. As far as the kahr goes, i cant argue with quality and reliability, price is up there but you are limited to it if you want new.

Good luck in your search.

Gonzzo.

3. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I don't think I quite understand. The Taurus, Ruger, Kel-Tec, Sig and Kahr can all be purchased new, so how am I limited to the Kahr? But please tell me how you like your Taurus. Any FTF or FTE?

4. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Ironically, my favorite small .380 of the breed. Real sights, and locks open on the last shot in case you need to reload.

Let us know how you like it when you get it.

5. Gonzzo

Gonzzo Loaded Pockets

Hello:

Although they are available for sale new, they are only available to law enforcement officers, so unless you are a LEO, you cannot buy any of them new(save for the kahr P380, model #KP38233). You can however buy them second hand via a face to face transfer, this is done by a licensed gun dealer. The mandatory back ground check and 10 day wait applies.

As far as my TCP, i have only put 100 rds down range with it and have had no issues at all. I fired 50 remmington umc and 50 tulamo, both with great results, although, the tula is a bit more dirty. I did recently purchase a impact guns lcp+1 mag extender which fits the tcp mag(does not look good however)for added grip on the little noisemaker because the felt recoil is considerable. I have not been able to get any range time with the extension however. Overall, i think the tcp is the best bang for the buck in the mousegun world, with the 2 mags, lock back on last round and taurus security lock system. I wont give it points for the bulldog holster as i feel it is not practical for carry, i feel a good pocket holster would have been better but im NOT complaining.

I am however tempted by the new ruger lc9 which IS on the california gun roster. It is noticeably bigger and heavier than the taurus but, there is something about it i cant shake!....

Whatever gun you end up with, i hope you enjoy and NEVER have to use for its intended purpose.

Good luck.

Gonzzo.

6. Gonzzo

Gonzzo Loaded Pockets

Ooops, sorry, double post.....

7. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

If you like the Sig so much, why not try to find the gun that inspired it, the Colt Mustang Pocketlite? I've had one for years and in its my pocket as I type. Great to shoot, and has been 100% reliable for me.

8. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Quite simply because while your anecdotal personal experience certainly has merit, historically and statistically, they have very high foul/failure rates. Certainly polishing the feed ramp and other smithing can help, but when there are models which seem flawless out of the box (admittedly with specified ammo) I'd rather avoid the headaches and risk of getting a finicky pistol. I'm certainly not knocking the colt, it set the stage for all the current mouse guns.

9. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Thank you, Gonzzo. But I found all of them save the Sig on the Cali DOJ approved list (it may have changed since you last checked it). If you are referring to the diminutive size restriction (enacted 2001) that only applies to selling within Los Angeles city limits. So it is perfectly legal to buy in, say, Pasadena and own it in L.A. you just can't transact the purchase in the City of L.A. It's weird, but that's why, for example, the Turner's in Reseda can't sell the Kahr, while other Turner's CAN.

10. rabidchicken

rabidchicken Loaded Pockets

I am so glad I live in a gun friendly state.

11. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

I have had a Kahr P380 for about eight months, and like it a lot. It is extremely accurate, fun to shoot, and hides anywhere. I have since purchased a Kahr PM9 which is now my primary carry weapon, but the little Kahr disappears in jean pockets and shorts where the 9mm would print a bit.

I am sure you will love it if you get one.

12. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

finally somewhere people wont criticize the 380! lol . I've been looking at the Walther PK380 for a while now and it looks better and better all the time!

13. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

No knocks here. My normal CCW is a Glock 27 and there is no way one could argue the superiority (or even equality) of the .380 to the .40 or 9mm. But summer is coming (more shorts & Tees) and it is sometimes more practical to pack a mouse gun. I believe it was Nut'n'Fancy who said, "the best carry piece is the one you DON"T leave at home."

14. swnh

swnh Loaded Pockets

+1.

15. datawireguy

datawireguy Loaded Pockets

I just got back from the gun store. I bought myself a Kahr p380. I can't wait to get it! The guy at the store let me put in my pocket to try it out and it was great.

16. Magoo

Magoo Loaded Pockets

I have a Guardian 380 by North American Arms. I believe the slide is made by Kahr Arms but I may be mistaken. It's a great little gun.

17. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Ruger LCP. Sweetness. I prefer a little more zip in a carry gun, but a tiny .380 will do the trick if you like a thin, lightweight gun or if your attire requires it.

18. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I just bought mine today. Ten day wait now to pick it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Sadly, the Asian model in the red dress is sold seperately. :(

20. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

She is actually the wife of Kahr's owner, Justin Moon. Probably too high maintenance, and armed to boot.