1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

IT BIT ME!! (Did you cut yourself today?)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by SAKplumber, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Which is why my preferred orientation is tip down, with the blade against the pocket seam... May not always be the fastest in terms of deployment when I go to open, but I don't really need the speed. Just don't want to (to coin a phrase) '...cut on my own petard...' :nah_disagree:

Hope it heals well with (excepting the scar) no long term consequences! Come up with a neat story for sitting at the bar... :rolleyes_revamped:

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

The awl on my new pioneer x had a harder draw and was sharper than anticipated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

Well I was cutting some thin cardboard and the Delica got away from me a bit. Super clean cut though; held it closed with no blood walking to the bathroom.

[​IMG]

4. 313

313 Uber Prepared

Food prep with the Opinel and sliced my thumb. Didn't even notice it until onions started turning red. Nice sharp blade.

5. Zoop

Zoop Loaded Pockets

I saw a few twigs sticking out of the grape bush behind my house and removed them using my newly bought PM2.
    Knowing that the juices from the twigs can cause rust, I later cleaned the PM2. I was a bit to bold in doing so, because I cut myself in the indexfinger.
    Fortunately just a minor cut, but the knife has been initiated in the family.

6. hd-bagger

hd-bagger Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I over estimated how much pressure it took to get through a zip tie. Buried the tip pretty good in my wrist. Haha

7. Goob469

Goob469 Loaded Pockets

Like my dad always told me, "it's not your knife until you cut yourself!"

8. moonman079

moonman079 Loaded Pockets

Had my new spyderco caly 3.5 for all of 10 minutes lol.
    [​IMG][/URL]

9. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Bit by my Vic Pioneer.
    [​IMG]

Kind of funny. I was at my mom's when it happened. She saw the blood, jumped up and "panicked".
    "Wait, let me check your blood sugar!" (Diabetes runs in my family)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

10. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I wont bore with my last Saturday Boker Barlow injury....its healing up nicely. It was a good, clean cut. But I marvel at the cut-up hands starring in many knife reviews on YouTube!

11. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

New Endura. The action is better out of the box than the rest of my other lockbacks, and better still than some that have broken in some. In fact, I wasn't ready for the blade to fall down onto my finger like that. Not a bad one and very clean, and now the knife is really mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

camporama likes this.
  12. Corgi

Corgi EDC Junkie

I got bit last night with my Rat 2.

It was pretty late, so I was not thinking clearly, and I closed the knife very hard for some reason. And my thumb was in the way. Bit in pretty deep and bled quite a bit. I thought of this thread before I even saw how bad the cut was.
    I keep toothy edges on my knives, push cuts notebook paper and shave hairs, but not particularly smooth-shaving or polished. Sure was glad I did not have a polished edge for that push cut.

The funny thing is, I couldn't stand (or buy) the Rat 2 until a friend let me handle one. The first day he had his, he cut the exact same place on his thumb is I did.

13. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Content deleted since I posted it on the wrong thread.

14. Todd C.

Todd C. Loaded Pockets

I was stupid. Used my Pac Salt Blade as a pry par to open the stuck gas cap on my chainsaw that needed refilling. When the cap broke loose, the blade slid ever so lightly down my finger. These serrations are no joke.. The blood is smeared and dry in the pic because I didnt feel like stopping. It was starting to get dark..

[​IMG]Untitled by Todd Crawford, on Flickr

[​IMG]Untitled by Todd Crawford, on Flickr

Moshe ben David likes this.
  15. maillet282

maillet282 Loaded Pockets

At least it wasn't the chain saw that bit you

16. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Yes, the Sanrenmu 7010 is sharp again ...

[​IMG]

17. ScottieG59

ScottieG59 Loaded Pockets

My single action OTF Tanto got me a couple times and is the most recent to make me bleed too. The first time, it slipped when I was cocking it and fired into my index finger. The second time, it was opened already. I store my OTF knives with the blades out, and, in the case of single action knives, to leave the spring without as much tension. I reached for something in the back of my safe and brought my hand onto that super sharp point. Now, I store open knives in the back of the safe. I have some nerve problems in my arms, and I feel very little pain, so I don't always notice right away if I cut myself.

camporama likes this.
  18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Probably none of my business, but have you considered having some sort of knife block into which you could insert the extended blade for safety? I'm thinking of something flatter and slimmer profile obviously than a kitchen knife block; possibly even just some sort of foam?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

camporama likes this.
  19. ScottieG59

ScottieG59 Loaded Pockets

I normally put open blades in a pull out drawers in the safe. I may move the OTF Knife to drawers too. I don't want the blades in anything that traps moisture.

20. iptest0125

iptest0125 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I was just flipping my ZT 0450 while using computer, all of a sudden it fell shut too smoothly and dropped on my finger. I guess it is too sharp, the weight of the blade itself and the smooth action was enough to cut through my baby skin...

Moshe ben David likes this.