1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

IT BIT ME!! (Did you cut yourself today?)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by SAKplumber, Aug 4, 2014.

1. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

IT BIT ME!!

Its mine:inlove:

While flicking my Protech Godfather open and hysterically laughing, as I'm sure you all understand, I got careless and dropped it!:eek: In my lap!!:frantic:

Oddly there seems to be a bigger hole in my leg than my Columbia convertible pants. :eek: Anyway...It stings...it burns...it bleeds.

Its my contention that, between all of us knife geeks, we(EDCF), one of us, probably cuts ourselves everyday.

So, next time you cut yourself, post about it here and lets see how often this thread gets bumped up...also, please refrain from grossness and bloody pics as I'll have to edit them out :p

That being said, here is a pic of the smaller of the two holes...the pants leg.:eek: (right between my fingers, just abouve that little spot, which may be plasma, IDK.)

[​IMG]

warchild, Mr Thriven, microbe and 5 others like this.
  2. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not since I sliced my thumb up on a M4 Ritter Mini Grip a couple years ago. Lifted a good portion of skin back above my thumb nail and bled like crazy. That knife was so sharp.

warchild, Mr Thriven, Jerry L and 4 others like this.
  3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yeah, some idiot just sharpened this one until it was almost mirror polished:rolleyes_revamped:What a maroon!Ouchie!

warchild, Mr Thriven, microbe and 6 others like this.
  4. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

SAKplumber are we going to have to put a short lanyard on it for the next time you "drop" it?

5. Sachmo

Sachmo EDC Junkie!!!

It doesn't count if stitches weren't involved ;)

6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

I guess it was just a "poke" :rolleyes: But I'll count it cause it hurt!

warchild, microbe, Jerry L and 2 others like this.
  7. SMAJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SMAJ Loaded Pockets

so, it seems every time I get a new knife i end up cutting myself...maybe cause I mess around with it too much just cause its new and I end up getting careless!!

warchild, Mr Thriven, Jerry L and 3 others like this.
  8. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

About a month ago, got a new Kershaw Leek for light duty carry. Was playing with it in a way as to not alarm the bystanders (covering the movement with my off hand). The off hand got too close a couple of times, and got a couple of lovely scratches out of it. Sigh.

Mr Thriven, Jerry L, Brtsmpsn and 2 others like this.
  9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sigh. I understand:D

Corgi, warchild, kd7dvd and 5 others like this.
  10. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

I gained respect for Spyderedge when simply the weight of the blade falling made the teeth dig into my finger.
    Recently was using a Kobalt cheapo utility knife with a hawkbill linoleum blade.
    It slipped from my hand and the hawkbill blade grabbed a finger and didn't let go.

11. Grinch

Grinch Banned

stay away from the twig and berries when knife play is in order .;)

SillyPlumber :D

12. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Yeah I had a carving knife slip on me today and just nip my finger enough to remind me it was bloody stupid lol

warchild, Mr Thriven and thePlumbah like this.
  13. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

It's only really your knife when it ate your flesh and drank your blood :spin:

Corgi, warchild, FenixArcher and 3 others like this.
  14. comis

comis Loaded Pockets

It happens, and the only two things I always suggest people to do is:
    1) Move all body parts away from it
    2) Don't catch a falling knife

Chairsofter, Corgi, K3X and 4 others like this.
  15. usmchawk

usmchawk Loaded Pockets

If you're not getting cut, then your knife isn't sharp and you're not using it. I nick myself a few times a week, sometimes I just touch the blade by accident and that's all it takes. I'm convinced the steel craves the taste of blood.

16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

great advice. Move your feet out of its path and if you try to catch it...you might:eek:
    I caught a 12" chef once...

...ONCE, right in the center of my palm:frantic:

17. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Last cut I had was a few weeks ago. I was trying to core apples with a DULL kitchen knife for someone and the knife, because it was dull, slipped and nipped me pretty good on the outside edge of my left thumb.
    All healed up, and shockingly there isn't a scar... strange. Cuts from dull knives always scar for me.
    I got a really close call yesterday. I almost cut into my thumb with my machete whilst unsheathing it to do some brush clearing. It left a little mark and cut maybe a few cells deep, but no blood. Taught me to ALWAYS hold the back of the scabbard, NEVER the front (which I knew anyway, but you know... careless...)
    Other than that, no cuts for about a year or so. Knock on wood.

warchild and microbe like this.
  18. Dferg10

Dferg10 Loaded Pockets

No pics of the cut, but here is the story of my most recent cut:

Whenever my wife asks me what I want for birthday, anniversary, Valentine's Day, I always say a gun, knife, or ammo. She rolls her eyes and gets me shirts or something and I buy myself a gun, knife, or ammo (which I do all year round, but I try and treat myself for special occasions-lol). Last Valentine's Day we were in the car and she said,"I have decided to get you one of your stupid presents this time. You pick whatever you want." I told her I wanted a Ban Tang dual edge Pikal knife. She replied that was stupid, but okay. I told her he actually advertises his knives as "stupid sharp," which they are. A few minutes later she said, "Aren't dual edge knives dangerous? Won't you cut yourself?" I laughed.

The knife came in and stupid sharp is an understatement.

The next night I was having some wine and looking at the knife upstairs while watching tv. My wife was putting the little one to sleep and doing dishes before coming up to watch a movie in our room. I went to put the knife back in the kydex sheath in my left hand, but the blade went under the sheath and into the palm of my hand. I was sacred to look, but knew it bit me good. I looked and had a deep 1 1/2 inch long slice on the fat part of my palm and lots of blood was coming out. I seemed like the bleeding would never stop. I went through almost a roll of paper towels cleaning up the crime scene and getting a bandage on as fast as I could before she came up. It took me about 10 minutes, but I finished just as she came upstairs. She didn't notice a thing. At least I didn't have to hear "I TOLD YOU SO."

[​IMG]

19. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Been a while since I've cut myself. It's always with a new knife during initial cleaning / polishing / lubrication / first time sharpening. I've also viewed it as part of the new ownership ritual. Mine have all been very minor nicks, nothing a simple Band-Aid wouldn't cure.

warchild and ManVsLawn like this.
  20. Hobs98

Hobs98 Loaded Pockets

SAK, what did you mirror edge it with. That hole in your pants looks surgical.

TXWildcat, warchild and SAKplumber like this.